Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:56:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 71520 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 19, 2023, 04:07:52 PM »

BUMP.

Strongly disappointed in the Chief Justice's decision to not grant certorari in the twitter case. This basically means that the GM team can have "characters" do whatever they want to damage players, even actions contradicting in-game law, and face zero repercussions. I urge the Cao administration to explore the possibility of rescinding the twitter bans via executive order or explicit legislation.

This is the latest in a line of several actions from Windjammer with which I have disagreed, and I would emphasize that if we had retention elections in Atlasia, I would not vote to retain him.

My complaint is of the use of the term "fictional character" rather than "NPC" in the decision. Musk is very much a real person, he's just an NPC for Atlasia purposes.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 07:40:23 PM »

So putting the mudslinging aside now, I want to get the official position of the Chief Justice and/or other members of the Court so that this problem won't come up again: should the GM Team assume de facto jurisdiction over NPC cases? We need to address the existence of lower NPC courts (like the Delaware Court of Chancery) for future lawsuits that can be appealed directly to the Engine if they are inappropriate for the regional or Supreme courts. This needs to be in the form of a constitutional amendment or statute, and it's something that we'll need to know for future GM nominees if that's the route we're going.

I'm not sure it even requires a new law, quite frankly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies