In act of complete betrayal, LAPD won't help deport illegal immigrants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:20:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  In act of complete betrayal, LAPD won't help deport illegal immigrants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In act of complete betrayal, LAPD won't help deport illegal immigrants  (Read 1174 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 15, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't you be in Canada by now Wulfric?

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »

I'm not comfortable with this resistance. These people broke the law. They are illegal immigrants. I may not like the new president, but he's the president. And they should not be disobeying federal agents, regardless.

Being a sanctuary city really ticks me off - you guys aren't above the law. The law is that illegal immigrants came into this country and broke the law.

It ticks you off, does it?  You're just ticked!  LOOK AT THOSE ILLEGAL BROWN PEOPLE!   THEY REALLY TICK ME OFF.

Take your 5th grade concept of morality somewhere else.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »

I'm not comfortable with this resistance. These people broke the law. They are illegal immigrants. I may not like the new president, but he's the president. And they should not be disobeying federal agents, regardless.

Being a sanctuary city really ticks me off - you guys aren't above the law. The law is that illegal immigrants came into this country and broke the law.

It ticks you off, does it?  You're just ticked!  LOOK AT THOSE ILLEGAL BROWN PEOPLE!   THEY REALLY TICK ME OFF.

Take your 5th grade concept of morality somewhere else.

This isn't 5th grade morality. We have borders and an immigration system for a reason. We have a process to deal with legal migrants and otherwise.

When you break the law, by crossing the border, that's really breaking the law, a necessary one. I hate to say it, but Trump is not entirely wrong on immigration on the whole, aside from mass deportation.

Sanctuary cities seem to be basically "Screw you, what do you want to do about it" to the federal government, when the federal government has a constitutional and functional obligation to manage our immigration system.
So... they broke the law by "crossing the border" (which goes to show that you're really just anti-Latino)... but we shouldn't mass deport them?

Would you instead like to just hold them in animal cages and deport them at a slow, steady pace?

Let's face it.  If we enacted the economic realities necessary to make cheap immigrant labor unnecessary, you would be bitching about the price of strawberries and janitors.  You'd be real ticked off.

Instead you want their labor but you also want them living in fear because "THE LAW IS THERE FOR A REASON!  SORRY BUT TRUMP IS RIGHT!"

Barf me out.  Gag me with a spoon.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:45:40 PM »

Dereich is correct.  It is never the job of the municipal or state police to enforce immigration laws.  They can, of course, refer a suspected illegal immigrant to the feds, who can then decide whether or not to act.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies