North Miami Police Shoot and Wound Unarmed Black Caretaker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:51:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Miami Police Shoot and Wound Unarmed Black Caretaker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Miami Police Shoot and Wound Unarmed Black Caretaker  (Read 2378 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« on: July 21, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »

Darn, I was hoping to get in before the every cop is a bad cop crowd.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »

Darn, I was hoping to get in before the every cop is a bad cop crowd.

That is a terrible strawman to pull out at a time like this.  No one that has posted in this thread has said nor implied "every cop is a bad cop".  Do you care so little for the lives of innocent African Americans that you wish to quash all criticism of such an egregious act?  Really that remark has no place in this thread.  You really should apologize to everyone who posted prior to your remark.

The cop should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon attempted murder.

I mean, they pretty clearly aimed for his leg. That's not attempted murder.

Baltimore is a pretty good example of why you don't overcharge just because you're angry. Assault with a deadly weapon is absolutely the right charge here.

Glad you magically knew what he was aiming for.

By the way you can easily kill someone by shooting them in the leg.  You need to stop watching so many movies.  Guns aren't toys.

We've been at war for over a decade.  Do you not pay any attention to the rising body count of our soldiers?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2006/nov/30/insideit.guardianweeklytechnologysection1

Two minutes.  How long did they leave this guy lying in the Florida heat on the pavement bleeding?

I am so sick of the apologists for this kind of egregious behavior.

Attempted murder requires intent. You know this.

Do you think it could be proven in a court of law that they were intending to kill the man? Do you think that would be a logical outcome, or do you think it would be neatly contrasted with all the other recent police shootings with the inferred message of "if we had wanted him dead, he'd be dead"?

This is pretty flatly one of the most inexcusable in the recent police shootings, with a victim who can speak for themselves unlike in most of the other trials. The last thing we need is another Moseby-esque prosecutor looking to make their name by overcharging and end this with a trigger-happy officer cleared.

I never said anything about attempted murder.  I addressed your cavalier attitude to a law enforcement officer shooting an unarmed black man for no reason and leaving him lying in the street bleeding.  You don't know his intent.  That is why they have investigations.  Coming in and making excuses for the guy mere hours after the shooting is the wrong thing to do.  If you don't know anything about guns or how to use them that is fine.  Shooting someone in the leg and leaving them in the street like an animal to bleed out is the type of thing that's killed our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.  It's a big deal, man.  Just please refrain from making outlandish comments about such a sensitive topic.
Really? lol
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »

The situation doesn't make me laugh, your over the top hyperbole makes me laugh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies