Any Other Dems Slightly Scared Now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:24:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Any Other Dems Slightly Scared Now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any Other Dems Slightly Scared Now?  (Read 6064 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: October 06, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »

...the thing I'm most afraid of, is that Romney tricked voters into thinking he's a viable "Moderate" alternative.

That isn't what he did, and I was already afraid Obama would lose for weeks now, but I agree there is reason to be afraid.  Romney is going to be the next president, and he'll be up there crowing about Obama's achievements, claiming them as his own (for example next year's strong recovery).  It'll be more repulsive than even the Bush years - a man winning purely on racism.
There is a positive though - we are due for a deep recession in the 1-3 period, maybe the white working class can finally see the painfully obvious downsides of capitalism, no matter who is in office.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sig material.
Only majority and/or people with power can be racist. (South Africa and a couple other countries in it's vicinity are examples of minority racists).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »

As Oakie has often said... the natural state for liberals is 'loserism' ... we see adversities and flee thinking "oh, they've won again... gah" and walk away, well before the battle has actually been lost.

But isn't this kind of attitude at least partly a result of our past experiences? I might be wrong, but my gut feeling is that left-wing candidates win less often than right-wing ones in most countries in the world. And in order to win, they have to move to the centre more sharply than right-wing candidates. A major gaffe/scandal, and they're out, while right-wingers are forgiven much more easily. When left-wing prospects seem good in polling numbers, there's always some "shy conservative effect" or some lat minute swing (see Demnark 2011, France 2012, Québec 2012). I know I'm exaggerating but, overall, I have the feeling that, everything else being equal, voters instinctively tend to favor the right.
I think this has only happened in last three or four decades, that's why right wingers have run off into loony land.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bullsh**t - racism is racism. You don't believe that hispanics and blacks can be racist to each other?

And yes, the evidence is pretty solidly in favour of whites being the least racist. They are the most likely race to vote for someone not of their race when given a choice between a white person and someone who isn't white.
As expected, you have totally missed the point. It doesn't matter what the peasant thinks of the lord.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »

Yes, there is possibility of Mitt Romney winning by changing his campaign on veiled racism, considering he can win 4 swing states +CO through other means.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies