House of Cards, Yet Another Final Cut
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:43:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  House of Cards, Yet Another Final Cut
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of Cards, Yet Another Final Cut  (Read 634 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »

I've had a weird dream about the (nonexistent) fourth part of the House of Cards (I'm referring to the original British production, of course). Francis Urquhart, after being shot, now lives in the retirement, with slight bitterned towards Elizabeth for the stunt she pulled at unveiling the Thatcher memorial. Commander Corder is still stuck with the Urquharts, as their gardener.

Tom Makepeace (now bald) is the Prime Minister who can't manage on his own and thus relies on Urquhart advice on anything. Geoffrey Booza-Pitt, a member of Makepeace cabinet, is not wearing ties (sorry, Simfan).

An illegitimate son of Roger O'Neill (just as similar to his father as Castro brothers are similar to each other) also appeared, but I woke up before his role in the plot was explained.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:35 PM »

Sounds awesome! Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »

Also, Booza-Pitt now has a beard. It's perfectly logical, since Nickolas Grace will always be, first and foremost, the Sheriff of Nottingham for me.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:34:42 PM »

You might very well think that ... I couldn't possibly comment.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 05:45:57 PM »

Do you have dreams like this all the time?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 11:08:04 PM »

Do you have dreams like this all the time?

Actually no. Most of my dreams are extremely surreal... and I'm not going into any details, obviously.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 11:16:59 PM »

Well, it is reassuring to know I'm not the only one who has had a dream regarding that series, xD

To be fair, the original House of Cards series should have been much longer, not only in terms of chapters per season but on seasons themselves (particularly a potential season between House of Cards and To Play the King, I always wanted to see Urquhart's consolidation of power and I've often wondered just what became of Landless, Woolton, Samuels and the other loose ends).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 11:37:37 PM »

Well, it is reassuring to know I'm not the only one who has had a dream regarding that series, xD

To be fair, the original House of Cards series should have been much longer, not only in terms of chapters per season but on seasons themselves (particularly a potential season between House of Cards and To Play the King, I always wanted to see Urquhart's consolidation of power and I've often wondered just what became of Landless, Woolton, Samuels and the other loose ends).

I feel exactly the same way. A lot of interesting stuff is missing due to short time. For example, foreign affairs (in this case Cyprus) doesn't appear till the last season.

Beside a desire to know what happened to certain characters that just disappeared, particularly Patrick "Don't you worry, I'll be back" Woolton. And yes, Samuels would probably be a serious challenge during the consolidation. I believe only MacKenzie appeared briefly in the second season.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:46:14 PM »

Yeah, that MacKenzie cameo could have been a lot more significant either with a different character or with a longer To Play the King, showing how even prominent conservatives are siding with the King and showing just how much Urquhart has miscalculated the situation.

If the series is in many ways brilliant precisely because it follows Urquhart closely, it also suffers on the lack of focus on the antagonists, many of them characters that would have been far more interesting with proper time and effort.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 11:53:21 PM »

Yeah, that MacKenzie cameo could have been a lot more significant either with a different character or with a longer To Play the King, showing how even prominent conservatives are siding with the King and showing just how much Urquhart has miscalculated the situation.

If the series is in many ways brilliant precisely because it follows Urquhart closely, it also suffers on the lack of focus on the antagonists, many of them characters that would have been far more interesting with proper time and effort.

I always thought of the HoC as an utterly, utterly brilliant one-man show. Ian Richardson is doing Urquhart in a marvelous, truly Shakespearean way but yes, the focus has it's shortcomings.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies