College liberalism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:30:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  College liberalism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College liberalism  (Read 3592 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 28, 2005, 01:54:18 AM »

Why are colleges so liberal? Even in states like South Dakota, colleges have Democratic landslides.

Even in the facist-falsified (first Nader, now this!) South Dakota results, Kerry won Clay County, South Dakota (Vermillion and the University of South Dakota), 54-44.

I have never quite understood this.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »

I do not base this soley on perception. Public universities are overwhelmingly liberal in all cases I have found. The University of Oregon at Eugene voted 85%-15% Kerry in the precinct results I saw. Similarly, other public universities vote by such landslide margins.

The question primarily references public universities - I know that private ones vary greatly.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 07:29:08 PM »

It looks like the more educated a voter is, there are greater chances that he/she did not vote for Bush.
From few private small and non-scientific samples that I took  from high school teachers in CT, it seems that only 25% of them voted Bush, which is almost by 20% lower than the 44% that Bush got in CT.

This is not true. Graduates voted Bush; those with postgraduate degrees voted Kerry. They end up making money, and change party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies