Opinion of this ruling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:29:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of this ruling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
FR

HR

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of this ruling  (Read 4325 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: February 12, 2015, 09:18:39 PM »

In a country with strict laws protecting offensive speech including hate speech under a general barrier of free speech, it would be a freedom ruling.

In a country with hate speech laws, it's a horrible ruling and a rather ominous portent.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »

In a country with strict laws protecting offensive speech including hate speech under a general barrier of free speech, it would be a freedom ruling.

In a country with hate speech laws, it's a horrible ruling and a rather ominous portent.

Hate speech laws should be struck down in every country. While I don't approve of this way of doing it, I consider it to be a step in the right direction.

Except that they're not trying to repeal their hate speech laws, they're just making clear that their protections no longer apply to Jews.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21:58 AM »

"Oh, so criticizing Israel makes me anti-semitic?!" seems to be the go-to defense immediately after someone goes on hate tangents about teh Jooz.

So you're denying that Zionists love using actual anti-Semitism (like the subject of this ruling) to smear all criticism of Israel?

Anti-Zionists have been using "I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-Israel!!!" as a shield for blood libels for decades.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

"Oh, so criticizing Israel makes me anti-semitic?!" seems to be the go-to defense immediately after someone goes on hate tangents about teh Jooz.

So you're denying that Zionists love using actual anti-Semitism (like the subject of this ruling) to smear all criticism of Israel?

Anti-Zionists have been using "I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-Israel!!!" as a shield for blood libels for decades.

Which is the result of Zionist efforts to use Israel as a representation of all Jews worldwide, something which harms Jews critical of Israel (I myself have Sephardic ancestry) and ignores Israel "supporters" who are nonetheless anti-Semitic (American evangelical conservatives). Israel must be treated as a country.

We can talk about that when anti-semites stop treating Diaspora Jews as representative of Israel.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »

Would it be anti-white to support the ANC in the 1970s and 80s?

It would be if you refused to condemn the brutal killings of South African expats living in Europe because Apartheid.

For the anti-semite, the Jew as a whole is always guilty of the worst possible crimes, regardless of their involvement or proximity. Funny how that only works for us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies