Youth Vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:14:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Youth Vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Youth Vote  (Read 1121 times)
hopper
United States

« on: September 17, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
« edited: September 17, 2016, 01:05:47 PM by hopper »

What does it mean to the parties if Democrats start having a youth problem? (That they are not voting as Democratic as they used to).
4. Eventually as enough time passes, Democrats end up where Republicans are, with lots of older voters and less younger voters. It's important to note that Republicans have done exceptionally bad with young voters due to racial diversity, so I wouldn't count on the GOP getting the same strong support from young voters in the future (tho its possible for sure)
[
You are half-right. Most of the minority population growth has been ethnic and not racial(i.e. Mexican-Americans) who are categorized as "Hispanic" in the US Census. True the Republicans would have still lost in 2012 if 0 Hispanics voted because of the Black Vote in Ohio and Virginia. The Black Population has hardly grown in the past 50-60 years as a % of the US Population.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »

Whats funny is there was never really an age difference in voting for the Democrat Candidate in Presidential Elections until 2008 except for 1972. Pew Research's voter/age graphic goes from 1972-2012 for the record.. When I eliminate 1972, 2008, and 2012 the following margins for the Dem Presidential Candidate go like this with ages 18-29 and the rest were pretty much tied meaning there was no difference in how all age groups voted for the Dem Presidential Candidate.

1980 D+6
1996 D+5
2004 D+7

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies