NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:01:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-GOV 2021 megathread  (Read 52493 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 03, 2021, 12:59:27 AM »

Murphy did all the supposedly super popular progressive stuff (legalized marijuana, raised taxes on the rich, $15 minimum wage, etc.) and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Voters do not vote on policy; they vote on vibes. Seems bad for the long-term viability of democracy, IMO.

They vote on messaging and unfortunately the Dems have proven disastrous on this matter, and time and time again put little to no effort into selling their policies or defending them from right wing attack.

Indeed, on this very forum, on this very night, we've had red avatars coming out of the woodwork to insist that it's morally wrong even to suggest that Democrats have a messaging problem or need a better way to respond to the national mood on sociocultural issues.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 02:30:35 PM »

Alright, that's pretty based.

Yeah, I'm sure Durr himself is not based, but Sw**ney losing to a Some Guy candidate who spent less money on his campaign than I've spent at some nice restaurants--not even Some Businessman, really truly Some Guy!--is based as hell.

Kind of concerning (on a macro level that doesn't really have a ton to do with this election in particular) that the Lakewood people didn't actually turn out for Murphy when their rabbis endorsed him, but it's still pretty neat that Murphy was saved partly by good old-fashioned constituent service for a community that, despite its many internal problems, is still pretty heavily and pretty unjustly discriminated against in much of the state.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 05:03:26 PM »

lol

Oh, so Sweeney lost to a deplorable deplorable. Amazing. This guy looks like a potential gold mine.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 11:12:27 PM »

Speaking about Durr.

Durr later apologized, and reiterated that apology during Wednesday's meeting, according to CAIR-NJ. He left the meeting with a copy of the Quran.

"We wanted to dispel any of the incorrect beliefs he has about our community," CAIR-NJ Executive Director Selaedin Maksut said. "We also want to remind him of his responsibility as an elected official. He represents Muslims as well. It's his responsibility to keep their safety in mind."
Maksut called the meeting, "productive."

"Mr. Durr was sincere in his apology, and we welcome his condemnation of Islamophobia and his commitment to renouncing hate-speech," Maksut said.

Okay, so he probably won't actually be an MTG/Blankenship-tier gold mine. Good to know, I guess!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies