A Resolution Establishing Several Senate Select Committees. (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:35:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Resolution Establishing Several Senate Select Committees. (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Resolution Establishing Several Senate Select Committees. (Passed)  (Read 1087 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 10, 2015, 06:50:57 PM »

OH YOU BROUGHT ME A PRESENT, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE, BARNSY!!!! Tongue

I am conflicted - Griffghazi is of great concern to me, and perhaps we need a committee to investigate. At the same time, we have tried committees before and it was not good.

Oh come on, grilled politician tastes so delightful.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:47:00 AM »

The main problem with the Pacific has been building sustained competition. One side just always implodes.

I see your point Barnes, the purpose in mind is the exact same one behind the Government Oversight and Reform Committee in 2012. And those committees did work as long as there were active members on them, the problem was we had too many committees and not enough active Senators to populate them all. And the Reform committee was the best of the lot with people like myself, Nix and others present, making it the most active. I would also note that opposition and the desire to abolish them conveniently first materialized once Nappy and I used it to investigate rimjob in July 2013.

I think the complex nature of these matters makes accomplishing the states goals by the deadline to be rather unlikely, especially when competing with the holidays for attention and time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20:32 AM »

Barnes, am I correct in my understanding that these committees would include the entire membership of the Senate?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 10:38:56 PM »

Wouldn't that apply to the Pacific equally though, Senator Truman?

I am warming up to this. As much as the concern for needless bureacracy is noted from Senator Vitter, I think we need to have in mind the long term problems with the Pacific, its lack of competition and why it has often lagged the other regions behind. It was for a long time locked up by a political machine, longer than any other region. At the same time, it contains the most populous state in real life, as well as three medium sized states.

Understanding this will prove critical to ensuring the same fate does not befall a region under the new constitution.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »

I accept Senator Truman's amendment as friendly.

The original time consideration was made under the assumption that this would be passed earlier (never a good assumption to make! Wink) and that Senators would be ore receptive of the proposal if it were on a fixed deadline in the near future.

However, if the Senate wishes to extend the lifetime of the project, I have no objection.

There have been many times that such dates have had to be pushed backed in Senate legislation because it took too long or in some cases didn't make it to the floor in time to make that ambitious deadline.

Also this is an open ended topic and would require reviewing a lot of material, and data from past years to make an informed analysis, particularly with regards to the Pacific.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 02:22:07 AM »

I agree and am interested to see how this one goes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 01:35:41 AM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies