Why is SSM such a big deal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:26:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is SSM such a big deal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is SSM such a big deal?  (Read 17261 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 21, 2015, 04:31:49 PM »

A CEO was forced out of his job for the "crime" of engaging in the political process by donating to the campaign for California's Proposition 8.   Bakers are being forced to bake cakes with messages in support of something they vehemently disagree with.   Some "progressives" label anyone who has legitimate religious objections to gay marriage as "bigots" and "haters", instead of engaging in debate, and try to ruin opponents' lives and job prospects. 

If you don't see that as gun pointing by SSM proponents, I don't know what to tell you.  If you dare disagree with SSM, you are evil incarnate to "progressives".

That's because there's no such thing as a legitimate religious objection to gay marriage.

It's 2015. Religion should evolve alongside people. Also, because this is a secular nation, run on, wait for it, secular values, prohibiting or denying SSM on religious grounds would be going against separation of church and state.

You're more than welcome to move to someplace like Iran though if you want a country run on religious grounds.

Newsflash:  The Bible is not changing.  Religion should not get with the times.  It is time society stops trying to rip pages out of the Bible.  I sincerely hope the Supreme Court is smart and does NOT impose same-sex marriage in all 50 states.  It threatens America's churches, especially the most conservative ones.  It also threatens Christian schools.  Liberal progressives seriously want to see pastors thrown in jail for life for preaching against same sex marriage and they want to take away tax exempt status for those who refuse to go along with gay marriage.  The denominations who are allowing same sex marriage now are 100% WRONG on that issue.  The Bible clearly states Adam and Eve.  The Bible clearly prohibits a man sleeping with a man.  It is not a slippery slope to other forms of "marriage", but it is a slippery slope to which all voices of opposition will be discriminated against, by the loss of jobs, the loss of their business, imprisonment.

However, there is one thing that is an ABSOLUTE FACT that NO one can deny.  Jesus reigns.  What He says goes.  It doesn't matter if you're an atheist or a member of another religion.  What Jesus says goes.  He will stamp out ALL same sex relationships and marriages.  He will get rid of all sin.

Furthermore, the Bible clearly says no one is born gay.  Being gay is absolutely positively a choice.  The Bible is the rule book on all human life, so no one can legitimately deny its teachings.

Just because we Christians hate gay marriage does not mean we hate gay people or are bigots.  We love gays, but are just trying to uphold traditional, conservative values that liberal progressives are trying so hard to get rid of and replace.

Gay activists should not force everyone to accept their marriage.  They want open mindedness, so why aren't they open minded to conservative, Biblical values?

Sorry for the rant, but it is a topic I have come to the correct realization on.  Christianity reigns and gay marriage loses in eternity.  Pure and simple.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »

Despite what all of us traditional marriage supporters have said, there is a God who loves each and every one of us.  We don't have to clean up our act or debunk homosexuality to meet Him.  He meets us right where we are and the rest is up to Him.  It doesn't matter at all how the world sees you on either side of the issue.  It all matters how God sees you.  God is in the business of loving souls, not condemning sinners.  The fact is we ALL have sinned, but God extends His love toward ALL of us in spite of our sins and shortcomings.  No sin is worse than any other sin.  God doesn't demand anything of us.  All He wants is for us to come to the cross to meet Him just as we are.  Whether or not you consider homosexuality to be a sin, I think we can all agree we have sinned in many other areas.  God doesn't care about our political views.  All He wants is our heart.  He has offered the free gift of salvation through the blood of Jesus.  All He asks is that we receive that offer.  That's it.  Pure and simple.  Nutmeg, if you have indeed trusted the Lord for your salvation, then good for you and welcome to the family, brother.  Unlike some of my fellow Christians, I believe that gays can be Christians because, like I said, the act of homosexuality is just like any other.  If it's a sin, which I believe it is, it is certainly no worse or no different from any other sin.  God can save despite it.  Like I said, all He asks is our heart and He will see to it to conform us to His will.  CountryClass, there is no need at all to feel ashamed or be hard on yourself because of your sexuality.  The same God who spoke the world into existence, is the same God that saved me 29 years ago this fall, and is the same God who wants to give you a new identity in Christ.  You don't have to renounce your homosexuality to come to Him.  Once you become His, it is up to Him how He wants to mold you and make you after that.  I believe you can be a great soldier of God with your testimony.

I don't mean to proselytize, but I had to share what the good news is in all this discussion.  There is room at the cross.  Will you receive His offer?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies