France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:03:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître  (Read 37769 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: July 04, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »

Nouvelle Gauche (PS)
For: 3
Against: 5
Abstain: 23

F**king useless. Hamon was right to leave.

Can you flesh out Hamon's motivations, and what state the PS is in, ideologically? I must say that vote is at odds with how I expected the current PS to act (mainly informed by electing Hamon as their leader).
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:24:18 AM »

Nouvelle Gauche (PS)
For: 3
Against: 5
Abstain: 23

F**king useless. Hamon was right to leave.

Can you flesh out Hamon's motivations, and what state the PS is in, ideologically? I must say that vote is at odds with how I expected the current PS to act (mainly informed by electing Hamon as their leader).

Hamon is from the PS' left, unlike most of the MPs that were reelected last month. He opposed all of Hollande's right-wing legislation and resigned the government when it became clear he was going to go full supply-side. His campaign was centered around UBI, shortening the workweek, tackling workplace stress, taxing the rich, and radical measures against climate change. It's clear now that the PS will never provide an effective platform for these ideas.

Thanks, I wasn't too far off, just didn't realise the political collapse had hurt the parliamentary PS left more than the right. What do you think of the prospects for his new party? I wonder (no doubt wishful thinking) if it might counter-intuitively allow for/force more cooperation on the Left since they're so disunited that they'll never get in the second round unless voters rally around one.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »

The baguette is the envy of the whole world

Calm down m8.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »

It wasn't addressed to you, ffs. Tongue You wanted me to change the quote to read Emmanuel Macron?!
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »

Hamon doesn't really seem like the guy who will lead anything anywhere.

So he's still alive?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies