Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:50:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79045 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »

I'm still not clear on what Bushie plans to do in Africa. As far as I can tell he doesn't have particular skill that will be helpful to the Africans. I like the idea of helping people, but I don't see how him flying all the way around the world does anything. Also, he's going in the summer? That should be hilarious without a/c.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »

I'm still not clear on what Bushie plans to do in Africa. As far as I can tell he doesn't have particular skill that will be helpful to the Africans. I like the idea of helping people, but I don't see how him flying all the way around the world does anything. Also, he's going in the summer? That should be hilarious without a/c.

Remember, while we have summer, Kisumu has winter.  My Kenya coordinator who is a native said its quite a bit cooler and rainier in June than in March (the beginning of their Autumn), so it should be better than it was last March.  Last March it was consistently 90 degrees during the day, bright sunshine, very humid because of Lake Victoria and being just 10 minutes south of the Equator.

This summer (winter), I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.  I am going to school this fall to develop skills and a trade that would be useful in both America and Kenya and that being architecture.  I would just have to learn Kenyan building codes.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3txsby/
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »

He's going down there to "plant churches".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »

He's going down there to "plant churches".

Correct, my main mission is to plant churches, but to support myself financially, I will be going into architecture.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2013, 11:34:49 AM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.  I am going to school this fall to develop skills and a trade that would be useful in both America and Kenya and that being architecture.  I would just have to learn Kenyan building codes.

There's no shortage of manpower there, Bushie, just white-folks cash.  I honestly believe you'd be doing them a much bigger favor to go pursue money somewhere else (say Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan - both have highly paid 'teaching' positions), and send money to Kenya.  It would probably just get stolen mostly, but at least it has some potential to be of use, unlike your good self.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.  I am going to school this fall to develop skills and a trade that would be useful in both America and Kenya and that being architecture.  I would just have to learn Kenyan building codes.

There's no shortage of manpower there, Bushie, just white-folks cash.  I honestly believe you'd be doing them a much bigger favor to go pursue money somewhere else (say Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan - both have highly paid 'teaching' positions), and send money to Kenya.  It would probably just get stolen mostly, but at least it has some potential to be of use, unlike your good self.

This is unfortunately true. There are Kenyans who have been trained in architecture and who know the community and needs there who are likely unemployed in their fields because of lack of capital or investment. Africa is a net exporter of human capital in the form of educated people seeking better opportunities elsewhere, like doctors and nurses trained in English-speaking countries who then travel to the UK or Canada to work.

Kenya doesn't need Americans to provide the work they can provide. Kenyans need the resources to do it themselves, or the education to gain those skills.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2013, 11:51:33 AM »

This is unfortunately true. There are Kenyans who have been trained in architecture and who know the community and needs there who are likely unemployed in their fields because of lack of capital or investment. Africa is a net exporter of human capital in the form of educated people seeking better opportunities elsewhere, like doctors and nurses trained in English-speaking countries who then travel to the UK or Canada to work.

Kenya doesn't need Americans to provide the work they can provide. Kenyans need the resources to do it themselves, or the education to gain those skills.

It doesn't mean I should stay home.  I am called by God to minister to the people of Kenya and East Africa and it would be wrong to ignore that calling acting like I know more than He does.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »

Don't worry, nobody thinks that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »

He may be, but don't go to CAD school thinking you'll get a job doing that in Africa to do in your spare time.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2013, 11:59:44 AM »

It doesn't mean I should stay home.  I am called by God to minister to the people of Kenya and East Africa and it would be wrong to ignore that calling acting like I know more than He does.

No worries, I wouldn't presume to give you advice, especially when you've decided that God endorses your decision.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

Well I certainly do.  Considering Bushie is an actual, real person, he does know a few things.  A figment can't 'know' anything.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »

I'm not saying He endorses my decision.  Quite the contrary, I've signed on to His decision.  If it were my decision, I would be staying home and trying to work.  Since God is in charge, not me, I have to do what He tells me.  It makes even more sense to follow His direction since He bought me with a price, the price of His only Son's blood.  There is no greater love than laying down one's life for his friends and even enemies.  Since He bought me with His blood, I have no choice but to obey Him.

This makes no sense to non-Christians, I get that, and it is foolishness to non-Christians, but it doesn't make it any less true.

I will admit I'm not the best at following God's commands and listening to His teaching or even recognizing His calls.  However, I do know without a shadow of a doubt that this calling to move to Kenya is from Him, not from myself.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »

Nonsense Bush.  Its just your whim, like eating lots of fried chickens or whatever else it is you impetuously get involved with.  Or at any rate there is no way to distinguish it from your whim.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »

I'm not saying He endorses my decision.  Quite the contrary, I've signed on to His decision.  If it were my decision, I would be staying home and trying to work.  Since God is in charge, not me, I have to do what He tells me.  It makes even more sense to follow His direction since He bought me with a price, the price of His only Son's blood.  There is no greater love than laying down one's life for his friends and even enemies.  Since He bought me with His blood, I have no choice but to obey Him.

This makes no sense to non-Christians, I get that, and it is foolishness to non-Christians, but it doesn't make it any less true.

I will admit I'm not the best at following God's commands and listening to His teaching or even recognizing His calls.  However, I do know without a shadow of a doubt that this calling to move to Kenya is from Him, not from myself.

Or to some Christians.  Ever heard of free will?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »

Was Jesus getting crucified really that big of a sacrifice? Like Jesus still exists, right? He's up in Heaven sitting next to God, right? So he was in pain for a few hours, but in his eternity of godly existence I doubt that was that big of a deal. Laying down your life for others just seems like kind of an empty sacrifice when you're immortal, omnipotent, etc.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2013, 12:44:41 PM »

I highly doubt that this is truly his will.  I think it's your will, and you're using God as an excuse to pursue it so much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »

I highly doubt that this is truly his will.  I think it's your will, and you're using God as an excuse to pursue it so much.

You are free to be wrong.  I know what I experienced 13 months ago and it is unmistakable.  I've asked God several times that if this is not His will that He would take the desire away.  He has not taken away the desire and in fact the desires have only grown.

Do you not think I could be called to foreign missions?  People are called all the time.  It's not like I'm the first one to ever be called.

I could well be wrong, myself, but based on everything that has happened the past 13+ months, I seriously doubt it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »

But you already lied about interpreting his will.  At one point you said you physically heard his voice, and then later you changed and said that it was only you feeling him urging you to do missions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »

I am not going to respond to posts that are trying to get me to doubt what I have been called to and are designed to get me to stay home.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.
Can you elaborate on the above without being too graphic?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »

As a Christian myself, some of the things said in here are offensive. God does not endorse someone that uses their parents for all they have, refuses to work, mistreats their bodies, lies, scams, and someone that embraces death because they are too lazy to work to better the gift God gave them - life. It's OK if you want to ignore any posts that question your commitment to God, that's fine, but I can still post this. And you are refusing to better your life. This Kenya thing is a fantasy. If it was real, you'd already be there like the people I have met who had that calling and threw everything away to follow it. I know yours is not real because you're waiting until the creature comforts exist in Kenya before you go. It is simply another vacation for you - like Utah.

I am not the world's best Christian, no, but we all sin, and part of being a Christian is forgiveness, which I am sure you know, but this is just silly. God has not endorsed your lifestyle. You're simply, again, hiding behind God in trying to justify your actions. You can quote the Bible and I can quote it too disproving your quotes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.

Please tell me you've heard of the term "love on somebody."  It doesn't mean anything graphic, it means tending to their needs physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #498 on: April 16, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »

Please tell me you've heard of the term "love on somebody."  It doesn't mean anything graphic, it means tending to their needs physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.

I've heard that, and I'll bet memphis has too - it sounds like something people would say in the South.  It sounds kind of 'motherly' like giving hugs and things like that.  It may or may not be appropriate everywhere:  Did you know that in Thailand hugs are considered very weird by most people and are not welcomed much?  Even among close family members hugging is not a commonplace or normal practice.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #499 on: April 16, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

Pro tip - avoid using it while in Kenya.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies