Hugo Chavez has died (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:24:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hugo Chavez has died (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hugo Chavez has died  (Read 23065 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »

HP
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »

I'm sure plenty of people in Venezuela are cheering as well. People who were directly concerned by the person's rule should not be held to the same standard as everybody else.

With all due respect, that's ridiculous. 

If the Grand Pubah of Iran (whatever his name is), or Assad, or some other creature of that ilk drops dead, only their people can cheer?  (I'm not advocating cheering here, just questioning your statement).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »

I'm sure plenty of people in Venezuela are cheering as well. People who were directly concerned by the person's rule should not be held to the same standard as everybody else.

With all due respect, that's ridiculous. 

If the Grand Pubah of Iran (whatever his name is), or Assad, or some other creature of that ilk drops dead, only their people can cheer?  (I'm not advocating cheering here, just questioning your statement).

No, but Chavez (or Thatcher, for that matter) aren't of the same category. Period.

Well, no, which is why I'm not advocating cheering Wink  I thought your statement was meant to apply in all cases.  My  bad. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »

This is the most excessive hyperbole-filled place on Atlas right now.

Considering Chavez's speeches were typically filled with excessive hyperbole, that woudl seem to be an appropriate tribute to him, don't you think?

Yes, smelling the sulfur from the devil Bush at the U.N. was one of my favorites.  He'd appreciate every hyperbolic response here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies