Christie to sign ban on gay conversion therapy, says homosexuality is not a sin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 05:31:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Christie to sign ban on gay conversion therapy, says homosexuality is not a sin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie to sign ban on gay conversion therapy, says homosexuality is not a sin  (Read 4500 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 20, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »

Good move, regardless of his motivations. By 2016 there will be plenty of time to "walk it back." I think he's probably more concerned with shoring up a now almost certain re-election.

There's no way to show efficacy if a practice is banned.  The thing about these types of laws, they don't just ban methods of therapy, some of which are abusive.  They ban aims of therapy - which comes awfully close to the government inserting itself in between the therapist-patient relationship. If the standard is the government is going to ban anything that hasn't been proven to be effective, then the practice of clinical psychology is going to be severely limited.

Like with shock "therapy," lobotomies, and other quasi Medieval practices, right?! Yeah, man, why not!?

You think a majority of the Pubs favor gay conversion "therapy?"  

Sure wouldn't surprise me if a slim majority of GOP primary voters do. But of course that's an overall demographic that I'm not terribly optimistic about. And I would bet that they think it's a "sin," whatever that can mean in the present.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies