Christie to sign ban on gay conversion therapy, says homosexuality is not a sin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Christie to sign ban on gay conversion therapy, says homosexuality is not a sin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie to sign ban on gay conversion therapy, says homosexuality is not a sin  (Read 4498 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: August 19, 2013, 05:32:17 PM »

He did the right thing.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:24 PM »

Either Christie challenges Mendedez in 2016, or he just retires...

Why say that?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »

Why say that?
he just destroyed his chances at winning a Presidential primary

I like him. He'll be alright. My guys always seem to win the primary. Maybe I'm good luck.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »

Why say that?

I like him. He'll be alright. My guys always seem to win the primary. Maybe I'm good luck.

Can I just point out how amazed I am that barfbag is a Christie supporter?

Lol how so?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »

Why say that?

Can I just point out how amazed I am that barfbag is a Christie supporter?

Lol how so?

Because Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, and many other politicians seem more your bag.

I think I'm pretty moderate on the issues.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:56 AM »

Good. It's psychological harm of the deepest and most disrespectful kind. The very fact that these places exist to feed off the fears of parents who then coerce their child into going there, or leaving scared young people with no choice is disgraceful. Telling young people the fact they feel like sh-t is because they are gay rather than the fact that everyone around them is moronically homophobic and sending them into an environment full of repressed religous queens who all pretend it's working is just pathetic. Pathetic, sad and lonely people run these organisations who all say 'it works look at me!' while they are in the programme and like any quackery or cult, the moment they leave they admit that it was all a load of damaging and often expensive crap.

Exactly.

As for the argument that banning this violates religious freedom, freedom of religion does not cover such idiotic psychological abuse.

Religion, by definition, is idiotic psychological abuse. We're all sinners in the hands of an angry God.

Fun fact: raving about the "evils of religion" does not automatically make a transphobic misogynist like you a leftist. As far as rational debate between adults goes, your religious opinions are about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

But back to the point at hand, I'm astonished there hasn't already been a nationwide ban put in place on this already. Credit to Christie for at least doing what should have been done long ago, I suppose.

or farting in church
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies