King County, Texas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:37:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  King County, Texas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: King County, Texas  (Read 4954 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 17, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

I just noticed something: Obama won exactly eight votes in the general, sure, but he had 27 votes in the primary. Um...

Not the only county where that happened, even: McMullen, Irion and Upton also cast more Obama votes in the primary than the general, although not nearly as ridiculously so.

I think Franzl's right.  There were 168 counties where more Democratic primary votes were cast than Obama votes in November.  It was more than twice as many in 31 counties, more than three times in 5, and more than ten times as many in King (ouch.)

It's a weirdly uneven distribution, though.  In two counties (Glasscock and Reagan), the combined Democratic total was below 40% of Obama's final showing.  Considering that three counties didn't even have Democratic primaries, I think there may be some inconsistencies in how the primaries were held that could cause these differences.  But what kind?  No idea...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »

Yeah, that must be the case. At first I thought it couldn't be right, because those people "should" have preferred Clinton or Edwards (anyone but Obama, really); but that might actually be the reason they voted for him in the primary. i.e., conservatives in an isolated area like King County might assume that the rest of the country felt the same way about Obama, and therefore he'd be easier to defeat?

I dunno.

If Obama got those sort of votes, I'd bet good money that Clinton got more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies