Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127364 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:47:49 AM »

I agree that she can't win Ohio (or at least only a <5% of winning), but she can win Florida, although other Democrats are more favoured than her to win in Florida. I think Biden is the best candidate for Florida, because he is a moderate, because he is associated with Obama, because the state has many WWC vote residing in it, and it also has an older population.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »

Wall Street and the 1% are having a ball. Their girl is in.

Their guy is the president of the United States, and that's who they'll backed in 2020.

Explain the swings of the richer suburbs to HRC, and the swings of poor rural counties to Trump? Apparently, voters thought differently about it.

Like this example shows you in MN (and check the swings in the counties), someone made a thread about that once.

Obama - Romney

Clinton - Trump

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:19:10 PM »

Dear god this campaign logo is horrid.

I don't know; I think the retro look is good.

The combination of red and yellow is bad, but I agree that the retro look is pleasing.
I agree as well, but she shouldn't have added the "for the people". It doesn't feel genuine. And the yellow is very hard to read. It's such a terrible colour design, but fine, after all it's still a logo. It should have a minor or marginal effect.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 06:29:29 PM by Lakigigar »

I also believe Harris is not going to have a majority of the vote in California. I mean lots of people are still going to be in the race. And California is large and diverse. It's not like all Californians unanimously like Harris. She'll still win the primary, i believe so. I also believe Harris isn't going to have the same level of support among blacks like Obama and even Hillary Clinton did. I believe college-educated whites might even vote in larger numbers for her than blacks. The ceiling for blacks have been broken already, while the ceiling for women (or AA women) has not yet. We will also see multiple people in the race who will appeal to AA voters, like Biden maybe, like Booker maybe, and even Bernie will get a fair share of the AA vote (as name recognition is very important to them, just like Hillary got a lot more AA support in 2016, Bernie will have more in 2020). Sanders will lose support among whites, but will improve his margins among AA's a lot.

If the race turns out to be a Biden vs Harris race, i wouldn't even rule out Biden winning the AA vote, while Harris wins over millennials, modern liberals, the left, college educated whites, women and hispanics while Biden wins non-college educated whites, the AA vote, men, non college educated whites and poorer people, while party loyalists being split over both candidates.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 07:39:45 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/21/sen-kamala-harriss-policy-agenda-trillion-tax-plan-tax-credits-renters-bail-reform-medicare-for-all/?utm_term=.ebdd3178d789

You must be logged in to read this quote.

+ rental relief and her support for medicare-for-all.

Well, you can say a lot about her, but her platform seems left-wing to me on economic issues as well. I'd just loved to hear something about her environmental and climate proposals (that's what disappoints me).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 10:18:53 PM »

Kamala Harris: *breathes*

Old School:

That's another negative sign in my book and more signals that she is more of a leftist than people think.

Kamala isnt my most disliked candidate of the race she is the 2nd most disliked and will likely be the 3rd most disliked or maybe even 4th.
Who's your most disliked?

I'm starting to like Kamala Harris more & more. I definitely prefer her over Beto O'Rourke and Joe Biden. I didn't know that she worked for Jesse Jackson. That's something I really like about her (and you know Clinton worked for Goldwater...)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies