Adopt a Constituency (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Adopt a Constituency (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adopt a Constituency  (Read 9586 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: April 27, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »

Alright...I know of a few UK constituencies...but I'd like one that's like my area.

County: Bucks (2nd richest in the state)
State Senate District: 6th
State Senator: Robert "Tommy" Tomlinson (R), a liberal Republican, often sides with the Democratic Governor on some issues.

PA 6-Lower Bucks (South Central, Southwest Bucks) is home to older suburbs of Philadelphia, but also some very wealthy areas that were recently added to the district to boost Republican support.

median household income ranges from roughly 45000 (for some of the very blue collar areas, still not too shabby)-70000+(in the newer suburbs).

There used to be a very strong union presence in this area as many areas were homes for steel mill workers, but the area now is definitely service based (malls, large shopping centers, with stores like Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, Borders etc)...and lately I've noticed a ton of starbucks popping up.

Any idea?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 10:23:33 AM »

Alright...I know of a few UK constituencies...but I'd like one that's like my area.

County: Bucks (2nd richest in the state)
State Senate District: 6th
State Senator: Robert "Tommy" Tomlinson (R), a liberal Republican, often sides with the Democratic Governor on some issues.

PA 6-Lower Bucks (South Central, Southwest Bucks) is home to older suburbs of Philadelphia, but also some very wealthy areas that were recently added to the district to boost Republican support.

median household income ranges from roughly 45000 (for some of the very blue collar areas, still not too shabby)-70000+(in the newer suburbs).

There used to be a very strong union presence in this area as many areas were homes for steel mill workers, but the area now is definitely service based (malls, large shopping centers, with stores like Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, Borders etc)...and lately I've noticed a ton of starbucks popping up.

Any idea?

I have a few ideas, but I need to know one other thing; how large is the Jewish population?

I honestly, don't know...I can't seem to find demographics...but if I had to guess, it's basically average (given some obvious deviation from the exact mean)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 01:21:04 AM »

Any idea for me?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 11:24:41 AM »

Bullmoose: Bury South would seem to fit best (actually none of Bury proper is in the seat, it should actually be called Prestwich & Radcliffe...) although the cheaper homes were built for cotton mill workers rather than steelworkers (this being Lancashire after all) and the area isn't doing as well economically as Bucks county.
The seat has a high Jewish population (by U.K standards) and is a pretty safe Labour seat nowadays.

Earl: need to know one thing; is part of the seat a mostly gentrified inner city area, or is it all suburban?

Ugh...a safe labour seat :-p

yeah...even Bucks old suburbs do really well...lots of new commerical ventures etc...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies