SENATE BILL: The Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act Repeal Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:39:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act Repeal Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act Repeal Act (Law'd)  (Read 2959 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »

I'm still not following... why would we want to shut it down, exactly?

Because it has been irrelevent since the dissolution. We have a grand total of one recognized caucus right now: The Right to Life Caucus. No one else has even bothered to make one.

Hm.  Then in that case, we'd probably be better off with an outright repeal of the law instead.

Yes, let's do that.  I've never understood the necessity of the caucuses as they were formed.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »

Why should we ban caucuses, just because they aren't currently in use? Would we ban political parties if there was only one active party and everyone else were indies?

If a bunch of people want to gather and start a caucus or a group for some cause, then they are allowed to do so.  But legally recognizing something that no longer serves a purpose just doesn't seem necessary.  Caucuses practically are political parties and most of the caucuses already became parties after the JCP and RPP dissolved.

Yeah; I'm just not sure what caucuses do.  I found the restrictions placed on their use (e.g., your party must be this tall to enter, your caucus must be this large to count) wounded their practicality, too.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »

Grin Yup
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies