The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:26:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 68175 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 06:26:08 AM »
« edited: October 06, 2015, 03:54:47 PM by Winter has come »

I think it might be quite fun if we posted summaries of our campaign rationales, turn by turn! I'll have a go when I can catch a moment

Yeah, I'd be down with that as well.  Post-game analysis is always fun!

Edit: I also hope Lumine provides an analysis of each of the players strengths/weaknesses/gameplay and the game itself like with the last GoT game!  That would be very interesting, at least IMO.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 03:19:53 PM by Winter has come »

I think it might be quite fun if we posted summaries of our campaign rationales, turn by turn! I'll have a go when I can catch a moment

Well, here goes nothing Tongue

My turn-by-turn rationales to the best of my memory:

Turn 1: As soon as I picked Joffrey, I decided that if I won the game as him then I'd have been playing horribly OOC.  So, the goals became 1) Be chaotic evil (that became my thing throughout the game compared to Lawful Evil last game), 2) Consistently ratchet up the horribleness of my actions as GameJoffrey and until someone finally kills me, 3) Make a bunch of Stupid Evil moves (like arresting Oberyn for murdering Cersei and Tywin because...err...reasons and trying to arrest Tyrion with Gold Cloaks) and generally flip over the board as much as possible for the lolz.  The idea about abolishing the regency was basically a low-hanging fruit power-grab Tongue  Oh and I think Spamage proposed an alliance around this time.

Turn 2: IDK, more fun with being a Stupid Evil monster Tongue  I tried to kill GameVarys too, but I forget why.  *shrug*  There may well not have even been a reason.  I was kinda playing GameJoffrey as being in "I'll kill you because it's Tuesday" mode, IIRC.

Turn 3: I forget what, but I eventually wanted to do something that convinced Spamage (GameMace) that GameJoffrey was simply too dangerous and insane to have as an ally.  Qyburn's spy network told me that GameMace was sending out a bunch of ravens.  My IC assumption was that he must be plotting treason (I didn't even know I was right at the time Tongue ) and I've always liked the idea of Joffrey as Areys III...so I had Wildfire caches hidden everywhere in KL.  GameMace attempted a coup and I burned them all! Evil  I wouldn't quite say I burned down KL for the lolz, but I was pretty proud of how that all went down.  Even though GameJoffrey died when KL burned to the ground, I consider it my first big success in this game.

Turn 4: There weren't many villains left.  I had been planning on re-joining the game as Roose, but he died, so I ended up playing as Ramsay and having an absolutely God-awful starting hand (but it ended up being for the best).  I asked Lumine if I could flee and head beyond the Wall (after a bunch of diversionary/stalling attacks on GameStannis' (Dereich) forces) and become the Night's King.  He said yes, but I'd have very limited gameplay for awhile.  This is why I basically disappeared for the middle third of the game.  Also GameAegon (Dkrolga) offered to let me stay Warden of the North, but sadly wouldn't send any troops to help attack the Baratheon-Stark alliance Sad

Turns 5-9: Not a lot I could do in the meantime, but I did try to coordinate OOC with Talley (GameEuron) and offer advice about how to make things difficult for GameStannis just to make trouble for Dereich and his allies (this was before Lumine said I couldn't do negotiations as the Night's King).  Unfortunately, I think I suggested trying to use the dragon horn which got him killed, but the advice was given in good faith, if so.  It may've been Talley's idea though, I don't remember for sure.

Turn 10: I had a number of fun ideas this turn and as Lumine can attest, I practically flooded him with mod questions (sorry about that, Lumine Tongue ) going through every aspect of just about every conceivable scenario for when I attacked Winterfell (could I use Ice Spiders to scale walls, do I have an ice dragon, how much of an element of surprise would I have, etc, etc).  This was also when I had the idea to have GameRamsay turn Arya into an Other and then make her the Night's Queen both as another way of laying waste to House Stark and because he thinks it's what Roose would've wanted...only for it to end up backfiring completely and for UnArya to make his life a living hell.  Writing the Beltaine chapters actually ended up being my favorite part of this game and I really enjoyed that storyline in general.  I also decided that I wanted to have a throne made of skeleton weights Tongue  

Turn 11: The Wall fell down, not much elaborate gameplay though.  Lumine said I couldn't negotiate with other players given that I was playing as the Night's King until the invasion advanced significantly, so my scheming was basically benched around this time.

Turn 12: In the context of the game, this was my finest hour.  I accomplished all of my goals as GameRamsay/the Night's King in a single turn (I still didn't think I'd win as the Night's King and was expecting to be fried by dragons): I turned Arya Stark into the Night's Queen, broke the North, captured Winterfell, crushed GameStannis (I always considered Dereich to be the biggest threat to victory until this turn), wiped out the Umbers (IIRC they have some long-running feud with the Boltons), and generally established myself as the game's Big Bad.  I also love that Stannis died on Game of Thrones after losing the Battle for Winterfell to the Boltons the Sunday after this turn's POVs were posted.

Turn 13: I still had more enemies to mop up in the North, started looking for Rickon, and wrote my first UnRamsay/Culrikhan chapter.

Turn 14: Lumine said that I could start negotiating with people (IIRC, it was because I'd taken White Harbor and most of the North).  I told Spamage that I'd let him be King in the South if he killed Edmure (I said nothing about breaking the guest right or just killing everybody though...not that I'm complaining about the results Tongue ).  I also explained how assassinations work to Badgate and told him he could be a human vassal ruling the Vale (like the colonies of the British Empire) if he tried to assassinate GameDany, GameTyrion, GameAurane, and their respective NPC inner-circles.  That's why so many people got assassinated this turn (Badgate killed GameTyrion/LeonardotheRed IIRC).  I tried to negotiate with GameAurane (Garlan Gunter), but although he was initially very interested, we didn't reach any sort of agreement.  I also explained assassinations to Talley and asked him to do the same stuff I was having Badgate do to increase the odds of successful assassinations (I think he killed Varys, Illario, and some others, but I may be misremembering).  As either Dereich or LeonardotheRed noted somewhere, it would've been completely OOC for me to actually honor these agreements, but that's neither here nor there.  I also finished taking over the North.  I failed to capture Rickon though Sad

Turn 15: I was worried about Spamage switching sides again, so I got someone to assassinate him (although that would've probably happened anyway imo).  I swept through the Riverlands and had a ton of fun writing my first Beltaine/UnArya chapter.  I'm quite proud of it!  Also, Badgate tried to switch sides so I revealed that we'd been negotiating which ultimately got both his character and GameAurane (Garlan) killed.  I'm not sure, but I think I've either directly or indirectly gotten everyone killed at least once (although Talley was an accident).  

Time Skip/Battle for Winterfell: Lumine suggested ending the game with a massive Battle for Winterfell and I'd already asked before if the epilogue could include Beltaine killing Culrikhan if I ended up winning the game, so I was 120% on board with his plan (and really enjoyed writing the Beltaine chapter for the Battle of Winterfell).  LeonardotheRed and Dkrolga approved of it too, so we went with that (because the game was never gonna end otherwise Tongue ).

This game has been going since January, so this is all to the best of my memory, sorry if I'm misremembering anything.  If anyone has questions or thoughts about any of this or something I didn't cover, fire away.  I'd be very curious to hear what everyone else was up as well (and what Lumine thought of each of our respective gameplay, neutral party analysis is always fun).

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 02:52:49 PM by Winter has come »

Still intend to follow with some of my stuff, but for the present, thanks for a splendid epilogue Lumine!

My favourite things -

Captain's Daughter's Bastard!

Lord Monterys (I assume) as Hand of the King!

I hope the end is utterly ambiguous and we aren't merely to be sure Vissy's gone mad and suicidal and Icarusesque...

Jaime didn't marry Brienne in the end, did he? Some dull, sensible western lady?

Amazing how much stability has returned. Very well done.

...sequel with Return of Argella...?!

Part of what's good about the dynamic between Jaime and Brienne is that it isn't even remotely romantic on either end (IMO, anyway).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies