Bill Cosby Tour 2023
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:24:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill Cosby Tour 2023
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Cosby Tour 2023  (Read 765 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2023, 07:28:34 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2023, 07:36:42 PM by Meclazine »

Looking for some alternative entertainment in 2023?

Get your tickets now....

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bill-cosby-comedy-tour-2023-1235475192/

https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/28/bill-cosby-touring-2023/

Cosby’s publicist Andrew Wyatt confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Cosby is considering a return to the stage. “We’re looking at getting back out here around Spring/Summer of 2023,” Wyatt wrote in an email to the outlet.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 07:58:15 PM »

He'll be booed and heckled the whole time.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 08:47:35 PM »

Bill Cosby is a comic genius. He gave a great deal of talent and information to society and I have great respect for that part of his life. I grew up with his humor everywhere, in television, commercials, eating Jello, and all his work with the kids.

If he wants to back in the public spotlight, he'll have to suck it up and take what people are going to throw at him, along with the accolades. Jane Fonda is still experiencing repercussions from her Vietnam days, but she got on with her life and eventually owned her mistake.

Will Bill Cosby own his mistakes? That's the question which will say whether or not he'll be successful at his tour.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 09:24:26 PM »

Will Bill Cosby own his mistakes? That's the question which will say whether or not he'll be successful at his tour.

He has denied all 60 women's allegations against him, so that's extremely unlikely.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 09:38:57 PM »

He'll be booed and heckled the whole time.
Who's going to buy tickets just to do that?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 09:40:22 PM »

The venues that host him deserve to be absolutely destroyed in the public sphere and marked for the life of their managements operations.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 10:33:39 PM »

Remember that his shows from late 2014 onwards have attracted protesters outside the venues he performed in. I bet the venues for his upcoming tour will also be magnets for protesters.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 01:31:28 PM »

The Real Life Onion strikes again
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 03:57:58 PM »

Bill Cosby is a comic genius. He gave a great deal of talent and information to society and I have great respect for that part of his life. I grew up with his humor everywhere, in television, commercials, eating Jello, and all his work with the kids.

If he wants to back in the public spotlight, he'll have to suck it up and take what people are going to throw at him, along with the accolades. Jane Fonda is still experiencing repercussions from her Vietnam days, but she got on with her life and eventually owned her mistake.

Jane Fonda protested involvement in a war that we ended up losing after throwing our men into a meat grinder only to be good friends with the same government a few decades later.

Bill Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted a bunch of innocent young women.

Gen Xers are wild.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 09:12:59 PM »

He has denied all 60 women's allegations against him, so that's extremely unlikely.

He's also been in prison. Didn't he learn anything?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 09:16:33 PM »

Jane Fonda protested involvement in a war that we ended up losing after throwing our men into a meat grinder only to be good friends with the same government a few decades later.

Bill Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted a bunch of innocent young women.

Gen Xers are wild.

A lot of veterans hated Jane Fonda and ones who are still alive still do. They saw that she betrayed her country. Choose your poison.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 09:21:45 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2023, 10:07:45 PM by T'Chenka »

A lot of veterans hated Jane Fonda and ones who are still alive still do. They saw that she betrayed her country. Choose your poison.

This isn't a "both sides do it" thing.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2023, 09:24:53 PM »

Maybe he needs to be publicly shamed during his tour. I don't know. I'm sure there are people who will pay to listen to his humor. Maybe not. His ego sure could use to get knocked down a few pegs. It's his ego that gets him in trouble.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2023, 09:30:16 PM »

Plenty of people who spend time in prison maintain they never did anything, regardless of whether they actually did it.  Pretty much anybody who pleads Not Guilty at trial.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 12:14:19 AM »

Plenty of people who spend time in prison maintain they never did anything, regardless of whether they actually did it.  Pretty much anybody who pleads Not Guilty at trial.

I used to be a prison guard. I know about people only being remorseful that they got caught, not for the crimes they committed. And most of them ARE guilty.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 07:59:29 PM »

The only tour he should be doing is an apology one, and that still won't be close to enough.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies