Should homosexuals in Uganda be eligible for asylum in the US? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:49:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should homosexuals in Uganda be eligible for asylum in the US? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should homosexuals in Uganda be eligible for asylum in the US?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Should homosexuals in Uganda be eligible for asylum in the US?  (Read 8047 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 03, 2014, 02:56:08 AM »

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »

C-C-Combo Breaker!
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:37:56 AM »

I'll support this if we start giving Christians fleeing persecution asylum. It goes both ways. Otherwise NOT a chance.

I stand with the German Christians who want to homeschool their kids without fear of governmental retaliation.

Yes, because homeschooling fanatics are TOTALLY the same as people who are beaten to death for their sexuality. Sure.

If you had ended that with a point about the Syrian Christians, then you would've had a good point. The homeschooling types? Not a chance.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 01:40:17 AM »

I'll support this if we start giving Christians fleeing persecution asylum. It goes both ways. Otherwise NOT a chance.

I stand with the German Christians who want to homeschool their kids without fear of governmental retaliation.

People who want to homeschool their children are lunatics.

I suppose it wouldn't be a proper Atlas thread without a bit of casual bigotry against socons.

And speaking specifically of your socon views, I don't think you know what bigotry is.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »

Yes, because homeschooling fanatics are TOTALLY the same as people who are beaten to death for their sexuality. Sure.

If you had ended that with a point about the Syrian Christians, then you would've had a good point. The homeschooling types? Not a chance.

I stand with the Syrian Christians as well so I have an excellent point. I'm an evangelical yes but far from an idiot Franzi.

Yes, but my point is that you ended your comment with a emotional plea towards the homeschoolers, rather then the Syrian Christians, who face far worse persecution than the homeschoolers. The LGBT crowd in Uganda and the Christians in Syria face a more comparable amount of persecution than the homeschoolers. Do you see what I mean?

As for homeschooling, I was homeschooled for a year, and I don't want it to be banned, but I also don't see what's so special about it. If you're an attentive parent, you'll express your views to your child just as effectively if they're in public school (or a charter school) than with homeschooling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies