Democrats: If we can't win the Senate after a Biden slide, what's the strategy going forwards? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:48:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats: If we can't win the Senate after a Biden slide, what's the strategy going forwards? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats: If we can't win the Senate after a Biden slide, what's the strategy going forwards?  (Read 2052 times)
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« on: September 13, 2020, 09:58:16 AM »
« edited: September 13, 2020, 10:03:51 AM by yfnlucci »

For every ID/WY/SD/ND there are HI/RI/DE/NM. All these plains and mountain states added in the 19th century all had dem senators up until a few years ago. Dems need to run better candidates
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »

For every ID/WY/SD/NM there are HI/RI/DE/NM. All these plains and mountain states added in the 19th century all had dem senators up until a few years ago. Dems need to run better candidates

Agreed, but the second group of states with the exception of HI has a much weaker partisan lean than the first group of states. The national party would need to change if Democrats were to seriously compete for Senate seats in ID, SD and WY (NM seems to have cropped up twice Tongue) - a good candidate/campaign alone would not be enough for those titanium R places at the federal level.

Whoops I meant ND - I agree that it’s much harder for candidates to dissociate from the national party in these federal races. I think the solution is just blowing the filibuster, Dems should be able to get 51. These other solutions of splitting CA or admitting DC are just not realistic imo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies