Aurelius for Lincoln General Court - January 2023
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:59:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Aurelius for Lincoln General Court - January 2023
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aurelius for Lincoln General Court - January 2023  (Read 354 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2022, 05:25:56 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2022, 01:49:53 AM by Aurelius »

I, Marcus Aurelius, am running for the Lincoln General Court, for the seat that will be vacated in January 2023. I am running on a platform of sanity, liberty, and standing up for the people against special interests, runaway corporate power, and heavy-handed state interference in their lives.

I am standing as an Independent. I will not be beholden to whip counts or party bosses. I am beholden only to you, the people of Lincoln.

My main goal is to return to sanity in Lincoln. I've noticed a tremendous amount of silly and outright harmful legislation being passed, especially an ongoing anti-psychiatry crusade that is surely doing untold harm.

As a member of the LGC I would seek to ensure a stable long-term fiscal roadmap, making sure that revenues are sufficient to cover Lincoln programs such as ChristianMan Care in the long term and that we do not face a dangerous crisis. I would seek to provide some much-needed stability to the region - no longer should citizens have the rug pulled out from under them every week with some new far-reaching scheme that forces them to completely reorder their lives. I would do my best to pare back and fight against overly idealistic bills that are passed without any consideration of the real-life impact they have on ordinary Lincoln citizens.

Additionally, many bills going through the LGC are poorly drafted and open up Lincoln citizens to unclear legal liability and expose the Lincoln regional government to expensive legal and constitutional challenges. I seek to provide close scrutiny to bills proposed in the chamber, as I have done for example in the one I linked, and ensure that our laws are laws we can be proud of and that will serve us well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 06:08:02 PM »

Endorsed
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 06:11:20 PM »

I'm glad to see you running for office! Endorsed!
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 06:13:39 PM »

Endorsed
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »

Endorsed
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 07:43:29 PM »

Endorsed!
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 09:24:12 PM »

Endorsed. Speaking as a former member of the General Court, I think it is quite clear that you would be a valuable addition to the membership.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 03:19:56 AM »

Disregard. This is not a healthy use of my time. Spent 4 hours on this. My internet addiction is spiraling out of control again. Apologize sincerely for wasting everyone's time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies