Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:13:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman, mattress, rape, performance art  (Read 5346 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:20:18 AM »
« edited: September 05, 2014, 09:22:12 AM by Tik »

This is awful. I cannot even begin to -

I am just hoping the Atlas community could perhaps explain things clearly so that I might not feel so conflicted about all this. Certainly, I want to hear.

- I don't really know you, Simfan, but that comes across as really sarcastic. I will assume that you're not sarcastic and genuinely want to hear from the "Atlas community" (as though we're all so united in opinion) and say that.. cases like these are just the worst. So terrible.

There's too little evidence to convict the guy at this point because there was no real immediate, thorough investigation. We're left with testimony that was given (apparently) months later. The fair thing to do seems to be to let the guy go. Nevertheless I desperately want this girl to feel like she will get justice in case the allegations are true. Can anyone blame her for taking so long to speak out? This is deeply personal, and embarassing, and traumatic. And, well.. if you would lie about this, you're on a similar moral level as a rapist.

But, you know, let's say that he did in fact do it and that for sh**t reasons justice will not be served. Do you then take your personal trauma and turn it into performance art? It would take an especially strong person to do so. In a weird way, even if she's lying, what's she's doing symbolically tickles my SJW bone because it's a clever way to make the baggage an assault victim carries tangible to the observer. But ideas like that serve as powerful tools when kept as ideas, too, so if you're doing this as a stunt while lying you're a massively horrible person. You could express the idea without making a scene, if you didn't need a scene.

So I can't offer any real clarity. I can say that I personally feel like, in dealing with a traumatic experience and a subsequent lack of justice, I would absolutely not turn my pain into a public display. But that's just my personality. I don't know this woman at all. I think it's all pretty seedy and impossible to feel positive about either side without more information. The only ones who can offer clarity are the parties involved.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies