President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:30:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter  (Read 19891 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: June 13, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »

It's funny because some SJW types on Twitter are defending her saying she's "Transethnic" or some nonsense.

You do realize that basically 100% of the people peddling that line are right-wing 4chan/8chan/etc. trolls posing as SJWs for trollish purposes, no?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »

It's funny because some SJW types on Twitter are defending her saying she's "Transethnic" or some nonsense.

You do realize that basically 100% of the people peddling that line are right-wing 4chan/8chan/etc. trolls posing as SJWs for trollish purposes, no?

I think you may be in denial about the madness that exists on Tumblr.

It would be more accurate to say that you may be in denial about the madness that exists on /pol/.  I'm well aware that people on Tumblr can say silly things from time to time, but this is an actual trolling operation, and furthermore it should come as no surprise to anyone that this is exactly the sort of sh*t the channers are more than happy to pull.

How would anyone tell?  The idea that gender is flexible but that ethnicity is a stable category is in itself hilarious.

I don't have the first clue what you're trying to say here.  I think that you're misinterpreting and oversimplifying what people have to say about gender to the point of incoherence, but even that I'm not sure of.

This is, I'm sure, a massive oversimplification that gets a lot of things wrong, but I'd rather say that race is almost wholly a matter of how one is perceived by society, whereas while there is a large element of "how one is perceived" with gender, as well, there is also a strong biological component of the latter.  Where it gets tricky, of course, is that gender dysphoria is an actual scientifically demonstrated thing, where someone has a brain structure different from what they were assigned at birth. Calling that "flexibility" is... well, maybe not entirely inaccurate, but it is kind of misleading.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies