Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:01:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now)  (Read 173239 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: June 26, 2017, 04:30:39 PM »

If these s***ty bills keep getting proposed with no changes, I will start saying "F*** it. Keep damn Obamacare"

For the love of God, GOP, get a good bill

They don't want a better option; they never did. They wanted to win election and screw people over while they get their nice fat checks in office.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

Jennifer Epstein @jeneps
Sen. Cassidy on the CBO score's effect on his vote, on CNN: "It certainly makes me more concerned. It makes me want to explore this more."

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/879439458562658304

-_-
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »

lol, so many people are going to get screwed, my parents, my handicapped friend, my partner's parents, etc. etc.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »

And watch 23 million people die on the street.

The Republican way
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:11 PM »

Yeah this is starting to feel like the second crack at the House vote; and I can't help but think that it's going to pass now.

I'm looking forward to Heller becoming an ambassador in 2018 in exchange for this

This is all pure cruelty and evil, dumping so many people out of health insurance to benefit corporations; the Republican party is nothing else.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 12:11:33 AM »

Shameless sociopathic Republicans back to lying about the bill:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What lies? It's far easier to cover people if you only give them a threadbare sheet instead of a thick winter-weight quilt.

Something something, ability to cover versus them being able to actually take such coverage. Like Bernie Sanders said, the ability to buy a multi-million dollar home doesn't mean I can afford to buy it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 02:23:53 PM »

McCain really has no shame. I can't wrap my head around it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 02:27:31 PM »

McCain really has no shame. I can't wrap my head around it.
Huh? It's simple. He's a partisan hack.  The 'Maverick' persona was always PR bullsh**t.

Oh, I know, but he has nothing to lose at this point, and given the health episode he just suffered, you'd think he'd have SOME sort of epiphany.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »

If only McGinty or Feingold had won.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

Lol, McCain voted aye. What a joke.

Not trying to be a dick or make light of his illness ... but maybe the cancer has damaged his brain? I mean, there's no reason in the world for someone to so publicly flip-flop like that all in one day.

And this is hours after he made a speech blasting the senate for abandoning their norms mere minutes after he was the deciding vote to allow the abandonment of said norms.

Nah, he's just that evil.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »

Where are you guys keeping track of this?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 11:28:07 PM »

Bernie and Wyden took the floor earlier today in scathing opposition to the bill, noting how crucial it is to take such enormous legislation into consideration and see its implications on all families in the US. This is what politics should be.

https://www.facebook.com/senatorsanders/videos/10156177912802908/
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 10:42:11 PM »

So, the skinny repeal preserves 95% of ObamaCare, doesn't get rid of the Medicaid expansion, or the exchanges or like, 95% of things ObamaCare does.

But it raises premiums 20% and kicks off 16 million people because of higher premiums. Do I have that right?

Yes. And most Republican senators  seem to be aware of that and will vote yes anyway
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »

Where can this be tracked live?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 12:48:23 AM »

These McConnell tears are delicious.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 01:02:00 AM »

So, when is Trump's temper tantrum on Twitter coming?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »

gop should really expel mccain. anyway after next year senate elections republicans will have at least 57 seats, so trumpcare will easily pass.

Cool story, bro.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »

gop should really expel mccain. anyway after next year senate elections republicans will have at least 57 seats, so trumpcare will easily pass.

Cool story, bro.

While it's still likely the GOP gains seats in 2018 because the Dems performed way above expectations in 2012, there's no way they gain five seats with Trump as President. Heck, it's remotely possible that Dems retake the Senate in 2018 (Nevada, Arizona, and Arizona special) but even that would require Trump deliberately sabotaging the ACA by screwing the marketplace insurers out of funds should get under current law.

52-
53- MT
54- ND
55- MO
56- IN
57- OH
58- WV
59- MI

It's very possible. None of those seats are safe D. And this is assuming Menendez doesn't go down in a corruption scandal.

Don't be dumb. You know that it would take a Republican wave for Democrats to lose all those seats, let alone more than like 3 or 4.
Democrats will lose all of them plus PA, filibuster-proof majority.

LoL

As overconfident as Democrats were in 2009. Have fun with that.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »

Cool story, bro.

While it's still likely the GOP gains seats in 2018 because the Dems performed way above expectations in 2012, there's no way they gain five seats with Trump as President. Heck, it's remotely possible that Dems retake the Senate in 2018 (Nevada, Arizona, and Arizona special) but even that would require Trump deliberately sabotaging the ACA by screwing the marketplace insurers out of funds should get under current law.

52-
53- MT
54- ND
55- MO
56- IN
57- OH
58- WV
59- MI

It's very possible. None of those seats are safe D. And this is assuming Menendez doesn't go down in a corruption scandal.

Don't be dumb. You know that it would take a Republican wave for Democrats to lose all those seats, let alone more than like 3 or 4.
Democrats will lose all of them plus PA, filibuster-proof majority.

LoL
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »

Here we go on another attempt to endanger the lives and stability of millions of Americans.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »

It's the party of sociopathy. There's no other way to read into such cruel and inhuman policies.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 12:52:04 PM »

Every time the GOP introduces a new alternative it gets worse... how is that even possible?

It can only be explained by the fact that they're trying to do their worst.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »

LOL. "We don't care if we end up killing."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »

I don't think that most of the GOP senators are pure evil, they just honestly don't know how many thousands of lives have directly been saved by the ACA. If it hasn't directly impacted a friend or family member, and you automatically distrust anything Democrats say about it, how would you ever learn what a godsend it's been to millions?

IF they are to plea to ignorance, how exactly do you explain away the fact that they did their darnest to push the previous bill, which was analyzed to cut over 20 million Americans off healthcare??
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 05:48:58 PM »

I don't think that most of the GOP senators are pure evil, they just honestly don't know how many thousands of lives have directly been saved by the ACA. If it hasn't directly impacted a friend or family member, and you automatically distrust anything Democrats say about it, how would you ever learn what a godsend it's been to millions?

IF they are to plea to ignorance, how exactly do you explain away the fact that they did their darnest to push the previous bill, which was analyzed to cut over 20 million Americans off healthcare??

Their staffs didn't tell them that? I don't know.

Yeah no. That's too much to try and rationalize it.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies