Will Trump bomb Assad? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:32:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump bomb Assad? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump bomb the Assad regime in Syria?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Will Trump bomb Assad?  (Read 3759 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: April 06, 2017, 03:03:03 PM »

No, but I do expect him to take us to "the red line" like Obama did, only to back down under pressure from the base. CNN is acting like they did the day we went into Libya. I hope Trump's gut instincts are stronger than those of his advisers, because he knew in 2013 that this doesn't justify an intervention and I pray he knows it now.

I'm embarrassed, for the first time, about this administration's handling of this. Just a few days ago, the "official policy" according to Tillerson and Trump was to retain Assad in power. Now they want to go in and overthrow him. I didn't vote for this. I'm also unrepentant in my belief that Assad would have been gone thirty days ago and American troops would be dying by the hundreds had Hillary had won.

Foreign policy wise, we might not be having it as good as I've thought. Fortunately illegal entry to the United States is at a record low, the economy is continuing to improve, and NAFTA, TPP, and the refugee policies have generally been successful.

I say we let Putin handle this. Put the whole mess in his lap. "You did this, you fix this" sorta deal. He won't, but it'll send a message to Putin.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »

How can he do that, without Russian permission (as when Israel bombs Hezbollah commanders in Syria)?

We dont need Russian permission.
Do you want a nuclear confrontation?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 03:10:34 PM »

I think military action against Assad is likelier than military action against NK, honestly. Per what I've read, the talk re: Syria is military whereas on NK Trump and co. are exploring tougher sanctions a la the Iran sanctions regime
Yeah I don't get why North Korea is suddenly such a big scary threat when everything they've done is the same as what they've always done.

How can he do that, without Russian permission (as when Israel bombs Hezbollah commanders in Syria)?

If Russia nuked us over Assad, Russia would cease to exist. Putins not that stupid.
So a handful of dead Syrians is worth one detonation in Manhattan and the obliteration of Russia (and probably the world)?

There is no guarantee that a war between America and Russia breaking out in the Mediterranean would remain conventional. Putin isn't crazy, but nuclear weapons aren't used Hiroshima style. He'd be willing to use a battlefield nuke (as Trump should be willing too), and I suspect that Trump's temperament and the media drumbeat alike would result in a disproportionate response by our side anyway.

All of this because you lost an election to him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 03:15:15 PM »

No but we're not a Russian vassal state either.
So, to prove to Russia that we are not a vassal (hint: we aren't), we should risk a confrontation between two superpowers who endanger the world with every inch they move towards conflict?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 03:21:41 PM »

No but we're not a Russian vassal state either.

Just a simple question, did Syrian government allow US troops and airforces come to Syrian soil?

Simple question back, when does the world have a responsibility to act when a leaders starts gassing his own people?
They don't. Only the Syrian people do. And the Syrian rebels are worse than Assad anyway.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »

They don't. Only the Syrian people do. And the Syrian rebels are worse than Assad anyway.

wouldn't the guy who killed the most people and owns the most deadly weapons and uses those weapons not be the worst by default?
By that logic, we should be bombing our own troops in Afghanistan.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »

Fusionmunster and co. sure don't seem to have a lot of room in their hearts (or thoughts) for the serve men and women who will die fighting if Syria destabilizes to the point that ground troops are deployed. I hear a lot about the Syrians, but not much about the mother in Alabama whose son died in a suicide bombing fighting for people who hate us. Is it because they're all high school drop outs who deserve to "get stuck in Iraq" as John Kerry put it? Tell us how you really feel.

I'm sorry the wives, daughters, sons, brothers, and friends of Al Nusra Front fighters were gassed. I am. But I'm not sorry enough to ignore the real consequences of this just because it'll help you sleep at night.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »

It'll be fun seeing the red pill crowd pivot to supporting Trump's bombing run after years of  praising Assad and calling the rebels the bad guys.

Sanchez gives us a frontrow seat.
Should I have voted for the man who can't decide to bomb or the woman who vowed to bomb from day one?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »

Should I have voted for the man who can't decide to bomb or the woman who vowed to bomb from day one?

i would still prefer the lady who seems focused enough to organize such a thing but in your shoes? mister johnson.
Who also wanted open borders, free trade, and refugee resettlement? No. The 2012 Gary Johnson maybe, but not the 2016 Gary Johnson.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 07:35:11 PM »

Along with being a Wall Street crony and all around terrible person, yes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 07:42:07 PM »

Along with being a Wall Street crony and all around terrible person, yes.

lmao it's like history stopped at January 19th.
I see you haven't stopped stealing "jokes" from Hillary Clinton's twitter.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 08:36:01 PM »

This was very stupid and reckless. As bad as a no-fly zone? No, but that is obviously where we are heading,
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 10:45:00 PM »

Well, so much for the red line prediction I made this afternoon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies