FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway  (Read 4806 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: June 03, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2013, 04:17:33 PM by Communists For McCain »

I love the revisionist history in this thread.  Charlie Crist the "moderate" Republican Governor?

This is usually the part where I go on a huge rant, but I think instead I'll leave this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Crist#Florida_Governor
But hey, if you mean "moderate" as in "slightly to the left of Rick Perry" then yes I guess.

The man is a total scumbucket opportunist who doesn't seem to believe anything.  And you guys are excited that he is your candidate?  Well his opponent is Rick Scott. . . . . . but still.

EDIT: Mega mistype gaffe.  Still, the overall point stands.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2013, 04:24:11 PM by Communists For McCain »

This is usually the part where I go on a huge rant, but I think instead I'll leave this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Crist#Florida_Governor
But hey, if you mean "moderate" as in "slightly to the right of Rick Perry" then yes I guess.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So which bit is the to-the-right-of-Perry part?

I'm going to admit an epic dumbass mistake moment.  I meant to say "left".
Still your quotes don't negate the fact that you guys are living in revisionist land if you think the Governor who passed restrictions on same sex adoption was "moderate".

Look I feel really really freaking sorry for you to have Rick Scott as a Governor.  But replacing him with Charlie Crist is like replacing inoperable brain cancer with AIDS.  Going further with the AIDS parallel, if Charlie Crist wins the race it sets a dangerous precedent in many areas where the "best candidate" is more preferable to the "right" ("right" as in the morally correct choice, not "right" as in "right wing") candidate.  If Florida can't elect anybody but a former Republican Governor from the last decade, it's at least time to get back to the drawing board.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2013, 05:11:14 PM by Communists For McCain »

One more thing SJoyce:

While this is a state office and not a federal seat he's running for, you would be one of the first to admit that Crist would have no qualms taking the anti-privacy, pro-war, and pro-drone policies that the hacks do now days. You made one of the greatest threads in the history of this forum as to why Barack Obama didn't deserve your support in 2012. . ..  what in the blue hell are you doing supporting a man who would no doubt be a statist control freak if he was put in the right position?  If I saw this kind of inconsistent logic from posters like Lief I wouldn't be at all surprised, but from you?  Really?

And before you respond "he's running for Governor, not Senator" I would point out that Charlie Crist attaining statewide office arguably puts him a step closer to federal office in the future.  For me, that's too dangerous a scenario to consider support.  And unlike Rick Scott, who will no doubt go down being remembered as one of the most horrible POS who ever governed a state, his becoming President is more of a certifiable reality.  I'm not saying four more years of Rick Scott is preferable to four more years of Crist, but given how horrible Scott has been as Governor I don't see what the harm is in considering other candidates for office.  The man barely won election in a Republican wave year (granted against a popular Democrat) Republicans haven't really shown yet that they are on track to repeat the wave in 2014.

So yes I will echo Dereich's statement: What are you doing supporting such a creep?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies