FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:57:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway  (Read 4816 times)
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:20 PM »

Crist was a good governor and the alternative is Rick Scott. I'm not personally supporting the guy or hoping he'll run for president one day, but he can win in a swing state in time for 2016 and that's what important.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:14:03 AM »

Anyone who labeled Mitt Romney as a flip-flopper, opportunist, scumbag, etc., and doesn't label Crist the same is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

At least Mitt Romney's alleged shift was basically from the middle to the right. Crist is trying to jump from the right all the way to the left, and I sincerely hope he doesn't get away with it.

Crist is no better than Romney. The difference is that one is running for governor of a state many hours away from me while the other was trying to be my president.

I just want him to beat Scott.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:38 PM »

Anyone who labeled Mitt Romney as a flip-flopper, opportunist, scumbag, etc., and doesn't label Crist the same is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

At least Mitt Romney's alleged shift was basically from the middle to the right. Crist is trying to jump from the right all the way to the left, and I sincerely hope he doesn't get away with it.

Crist is no better than Romney. The difference is that one is running for governor of a state many hours away from me while the other was trying to be my president.

Which of Scott's policies in particular do you disagree with so much?

You really need to ask that?

And then there's the strategical implications of having a Democrat as governor of a swing state for '16 instead of a Republican.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »

Which of Scott's policies in particular do you disagree with so much?

You really need to ask that?

And then there's the strategical implications of having a Democrat as governor of a swing state for '16 instead of a Republican.

I really do. What specifically has he done in office that you disagree so vehemently with? He's been the moderate force as compared to the legislature (which is itself more moderate than many other Republican legislatures). Why are you so desperate to be rid of him personally that you'd accept the lowest of the very low?

Uh, well besides disagreeing ideologically with just about everything he believes in, his refusal of the high-speed rail and Medicare expansion funds (until a few months ago on the latter) was ridiculous and his unfettered support for drug-testing welfare applicants is absolutely inexcusable. He's also, you know, incompetent and considered one of the worst governors in the country. What's next, you want to know why I'm no fan or Reagan or Dubya? It isn't obvious enough?

Competence > incompetence in terms of Crist vs. Scott and governance in general. Neither will be my governor, so why should I care about Crist being a opportunistic weasel? He's capable and would be a Democrat in charge of a massively important swing state in the next presidential election.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies