Teabagging fascists in TN move to nullify federal ban on hemp produciton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:01:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Teabagging fascists in TN move to nullify federal ban on hemp produciton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teabagging fascists in TN move to nullify federal ban on hemp produciton  (Read 2546 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 17, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2014/04/09/tennessee-farmers-poised-start-hemp-production/7525225/

Those fascists, trying to end a ridiculous prohibition of growing a harmless plant.  [/Lief]
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »

I think Lief is in favor of legalizing pot. Tongue

I think it's safe to say that if it is a terrible policy continued under the Obama administration, Lief will defend it. Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »

But what about the children!!!!!111!1one
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 11:26:27 PM »

But what about the children!!!!!111!1one

Dude it's your side (I assume you still associate with the Republicans) who are a bigger roadblock to rationalization of drug laws. The Democrats ain't great but the Republicans are worse. I doubt a Republican president would have allowed the recreational sales in Colorado and Washington. I fear there will be a crackdown after 2016 in case a Republican wins (or Hillary for that matter).

I have my card of affiliation to go to their conventions and vote, but Republicans tend to only get about a quarter to a third of my votes cast.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:06 PM »

Look, the idea is fine... but nullificiation has been discredited and rejected since 1809. U.S v Peters Why would we as a country want to deal with it again?
so just to be clear, you oppose WA and CO's laws too?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »

Look, the idea is fine... but nullificiation has been discredited and rejected since 1809. U.S v Peters Why would we as a country want to deal with it again?
so just to be clear, you oppose WA and CO's laws too?
Not Quite... At this point, given the popular opinion in favor of legalization, it makes more sense to have restricted recreational marijuana than banning it outright.

Also I'm uncertain whether marijuana legalization is/should be a Federal or a State issue.

Well by your earlier reasoning it doesn't matter. Federally it is illegal thus CO and WA are wrong to nullify federal law. You cannot criticize the entire notion of nullification but leave random exemptions.

Also, since when is public opinion for allowing industrial hemp not at least the same or greater than recreational? Following your (sound) logic which pointed you to believe WA and CO are not in the wrong, the logical conclusion for states legalizing hemp should be the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies