A must-read: Christopher Hitchens' superb analysis of the "Tea Party" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:32:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  A must-read: Christopher Hitchens' superb analysis of the "Tea Party" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A must-read: Christopher Hitchens' superb analysis of the "Tea Party"  (Read 6431 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: December 09, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »

Shouldn't you show some collegial solidarity then?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:10:02 PM »

one thing Hitchens is right about is those in the Tea Party believe Obama doesn't share their belief in "American exceptionalism", but rather is attempting to destroy it.

the central tenents of Liberalism are:  1) biblical Christian morality is bad, 2) capitalism is bad, and 3) American exceptionalism is bad.

I see no one disagreed with my analysis

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »

Your point is? There's really no denying that there is an element of both racism and bitterness in the Tea Party, not all of the members are protesting for legitimate reasons.
Agreed.  Just like the peace rallies.  Which was my point.  You can't paint an entire group of people because of the actions of some.

Actually I'm kind of curious. What kind of racism was directed by peace protesters against Bush?
That they called him stupid?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies