latest Betfair odds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:34:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  latest Betfair odds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: latest Betfair odds  (Read 59129 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: December 23, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »

Gillibrand’s still not listed on “Betfair Exchange” (the Intrade-like peer-to-peer version from which I normally post prices).  So instead I list her latest share price on the regular Betfair site.

Trump 41.3
Pence 8.7
Warren 8.0
M. Obama 5.3
Biden 5.0
Gillibrand 3.8 (regular Betfair)
Booker 3.4
Clinton 2.9
Sanders 2.5
Ryan 2.3
Castro 2.1

Gillibrand has no business being listed as a presidential candidate.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

Gillibrand’s still not listed on “Betfair Exchange” (the Intrade-like peer-to-peer version from which I normally post prices).  So instead I list her latest share price on the regular Betfair site.

Trump 41.3
Pence 8.7
Warren 8.0
M. Obama 5.3
Biden 5.0
Booker 3.4
Clinton 2.9
Sanders 2.5
Ryan 2.3
Castro 2.1

Why?

Convince me otherwise.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »

Trump 41.3
Pence 8.7
Warren 8.0
M. Obama 5.3
Biden 5.0
Booker 3.4
Clinton 2.9
Sanders 2.5
Ryan 2.3
Castro 2.1

Why?

Convince me otherwise.

She campaigned in both Iowa and New Hampshire (for Clinton and other Democratic candidates) this year.  She has a leadership PAC which gave out more money to Democratic candidates this year than did the PACs of Booker or Warren.  And unlike Booker and Warren, she gave to early state House candidates Ann McLane Kuster (NH), Carol Shea-Porter (NH), and Monica Vernon (IA).  She did a bunch of politicking at the Democratic Convention this year, as noted in the Tea Leaves thread.  She’s been asked multiple times since the election if she’s going to run for president in 2020, and (unlike Franken, Kaine, and Warner) does not rule it out, simply saying things like “I’m running for reelection in 2018” and “I have no plans to run for president”, which isn’t really a denial that she’s going to be making plans soon.  She reached out to Clinton’s donors in late November:

And that doesn’t count all the hints of presidential ambition she dropped in ~2012-2014 which were covered in the 2016 Tea Leaves thread, including earlier NH visits, and coming out with a book in 2014.

Seriously, how many more hints does she need to drop?

None of this makes her capable of becoming a serious candidate.  Next.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:57:39 PM »

Trump 41.3
Pence 8.7
Warren 8.0
M. Obama 5.3
Biden 5.0
Booker 3.4
Clinton 2.9
Sanders 2.5
Ryan 2.3
Castro 2.1

Why?

Convince me otherwise.

She campaigned in both Iowa and New Hampshire (for Clinton and other Democratic candidates) this year.  She has a leadership PAC which gave out more money to Democratic candidates this year than did the PACs of Booker or Warren.  And unlike Booker and Warren, she gave to early state House candidates Ann McLane Kuster (NH), Carol Shea-Porter (NH), and Monica Vernon (IA).  She did a bunch of politicking at the Democratic Convention this year, as noted in the Tea Leaves thread.  She’s been asked multiple times since the election if she’s going to run for president in 2020, and (unlike Franken, Kaine, and Warner) does not rule it out, simply saying things like “I’m running for reelection in 2018” and “I have no plans to run for president”, which isn’t really a denial that she’s going to be making plans soon.  She reached out to Clinton’s donors in late November:

And that doesn’t count all the hints of presidential ambition she dropped in ~2012-2014 which were covered in the 2016 Tea Leaves thread, including earlier NH visits, and coming out with a book in 2014.

Seriously, how many more hints does she need to drop?

None of this makes her capable of becoming a serious candidate.  Next.

I mean, do you seriously think that, if she runs, she's not going to be included in polls and not going to be invited to the debates?  Because that's more than good enough to end up getting listed as a presidential candidate on betting markets.

No, but she doesn't stand a chance of winning the nomination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies