Labor Fall Convention- Welcome to Boston (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:26:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Fall Convention- Welcome to Boston (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Fall Convention- Welcome to Boston  (Read 7974 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: September 26, 2016, 10:34:29 PM »

x Harry S Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »

While we're talking about the bylaws, I think it might be a good idea to ad the position of Congressional Leader to the politburo. My thought is that the Congressional Leader would be chosen from among the Labor House delegation; he or she would be responsible for leading the Labor Congressional Caucus, setting federal legislative priorities in conjunction with the Chairman, and recruiting candidates for House and Senate. Ideally, this person would become the Speaker of the House whenever Labor holds a majority in that chamber.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

My thanks to Game Moderator Clyde; I accept the nomination for Vice Chair. I likewise second the nomination of Blair for Chairman.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:55:19 AM »

A truly inspiring speech by Dkrol: now more than ever, it's time to unite as one nation and send Blair to the White House!

There is only one candidate who can give Atlasia the hope that we need. There is only one candidate that can lead Atlasia out of the ashes. There is only one candidate that I believe in. That candidate is my good friend, Governor Blair!

Atlasia needs a president who has lead an active region and can lead an active nation. Atlasia needs a president who has proven he can handle the challenges of the office. Atlasia needs a president who isn't an establishment cog but still knows how to get things done. Atlasia needs a president who understands how to inspire activity among the citizenry, rather than complain that there is no activity. Atlasia needs a president who is open, approachable, and kind. The only person running for President who meets those requirements is Governor Blair.

I've had several concerned Atlasians come to me in the last few days, asking me to run for President again. I ran in June 2015, as the Assembly Speaker, and I made a strong showing in the results. I have gained infinitely more experience since then and, if I ran, I think I could win against any candidate from the left. But this isn't my time, this isn't my race, because there is already a great candidate who represents the same issues I ran on: Openness is government, activity in government, and bridging the divide between the government and the citizenry. Governor Blair is the candidate I will be voting for in February because I believe that he embodies the concepts that I would have run on had I run.

Governor Blair is not a no name Laborite. He is a former Northeast Assemblyman, At-Large Senator, and is the current Governor of the Northeast. His time in government has been marked by progress. He has brought the Northeast economy back from the brink, caused by the Communist Crisis of 2015 and the apathy of the Bore Administration. He has stood up for the common Northeast citizen as Governor and fought to protect them when the federal government wasn't doing anything. Governor Blair understands how to lead our nation because he's led the Northeast to success.

Friends, this isn't a partisan issue. I'm a founding member of Civic Renewal and a former Federalist. I ran for president on a Civic Renewal/Federalist ticket. I'm considered a leading voice for the Right of this nation. And I'm supporting a Laborite for President because that Laborite is a voice for the common Atlasian. That Laborite is a caring individual who wants to create a national dialogue. That Laborite wants to bring Atlasia back to greatness.

I hope you'll join me in supporting Governor Blair for President of Atlasia! If you're a Laborite, go vote for him at the Convention! If you're not a Laborite, call your friends who are and ask them to vote for the Governor at their Convention! This election is so important because our next President will decide if Atlasia dies or thrives. I trust Governor Blair to make Atlasia a thriving hub of active and engaged citizens!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »

Chair
[X] Blair

Vice-Chair
[X] Truman
[ ] Peebs
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »

Are we really going to elect a 15-year-old representative who betrayed our party

What a welcoming environment Labor has!
You know, we don't invade your convention thread with catty comments.

For the record, I am by no means entitled to this office. The vice chair is the servant of the Labor Party, and if some feel it is time for a change in leadership, they have every right to vote accordingly. I don't feel that it was out of line for LLR to question Peeb's commitment to the party, however; the role of the vice chair is to support Labor's candidates in the general election, and as the representative was the presumptive Federalist nominee for vice president as recently as a week ago, it's natural for there to be concerns about her fitness for the position.

Regardless, Peebs is a valued member of the Labor Party and an excellent congresswoman; I look forward to voting for her in a few weeks, and will campaign vigorously for her election in my capacity as the re-elected Vice Chair of the Labor Party Wink.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 06:30:09 PM »

Would this actually bring anyone in the Primary System? I mean has anyone voted Labor in the last 3 elections who isn't in the party/isn't in UA?
Off the top of my head, Badger and Siren would be eligible to vote in Labor primaries under these rules.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »

I could get behind allowing Labor-aligned independents to vote in primaries (this is a quite common practice in the US), but I think allowing members of other parties to do the same opens ourselves up to sabotage.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 07:31:23 PM »

Aye
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 11:26:29 AM »

[2]Charlotte, N.C

[5] Miami, FL

[1] Baltimore, MD

[4] Edge Hill, GA

[3] Asheville. NC
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 08:00:54 PM »

I second the motion of the Chair.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »

I second the nominations of NeverAgain and Peebs for the office of president.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »

Labor Party Presidential Primary

The booth is now open, and will last for 72 hours in accordance with the by-laws.

[1] Speaker Never-Again (L-VA)

[2] Secretary Peebs (L-NC)

[ ] Delegate Santander (L-AL)
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »

And here's the actual state-by-state map of the first round results. A note on the shading: 70% indicates a majority of votes cast for the winning candidate, 40% indicates a tie broken in favor of the regional winner, and 50% indicates a state where no votes were cast (also awarded to the regional winner).

Never Again (62%)     Peebs (24%)     Santander (14%)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies