Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:46:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions  (Read 8505 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 21, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »

So do I, your point?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »

Besides, what sane person would want to spend their time digging through trans suicide data to argue with people just trying to justify bigoted views on the internet?
Yeah, you really think pointing out that our high suicide rate is often literally their fault will get them to change their views? Most people who bring up suicide data are indifferent toward the fact at best and outright encouraging it at worst (i.e. transphobe making remarks about a trans person who's bothering them "joining the 41%" [of trans people surveyed in 2011 who had attempted suicide] as a way of telling them to kill themselves).

to, ultimately, justify your unchallenged feeling that "a woman who was born with a penis is kinda weird and gross."
To be fair, I'm probably the only woman who was born with a penis that a lot of people here have interacted with, and I am kinda weird and gross (though more because I'm me than because I have an unwanted flesh tube in my pants), so it makes sense that they'd extrapolate my shortcomings onto all trans women.

Not very "compassionate" conservatives when you're like "LOL I IDENTIFY AS A BEE."
I have nothing of value to add to this, but this is what I thought of:
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »

I'm imagining now if Atlas was 100 years ago, fhtagn posting an opinion poll on "The Negro Question" and saying it's oppression of those with "traditional views on race" to disagree with those. Tongue
Maybe I'm just reluctant because I'm white, but I'm not so sure my problems as a trans woman are that similar to those of black people of old.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »

There's an alternate universe out there where Jason Alexander played the Joker, and I am so sad that it's not this one.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 11:08:26 AM »

I identify as male and exclusively present as such
That just makes you cis scum, not someone who lives a traditional life (though the other things I'd argue are traditional enough).
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 05:51:33 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies