The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:48:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 47345 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« on: May 04, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »

But it still much better than pre-Obama, right? And Senate might make it slightly better (or it just dies).

Yes, the Republicans will probably lose midterms, but we'll see.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 03:41:46 PM »

When will CBO release a new report?
It will be a massacre.

Glad that I skipped the last six pages of this thread because the usual suspects were derailing it with their trash-tier trolling.

Anyway... this thing has basically zero chance of passing in the Senate, right?

senate makes its own bill....just can't get my head around how to fuse them.

Yeah, I don't see Murkowski, Collins and Heller voting for this. There will probably be even more defections.

I don't understands how it it supposed to work (according to GOP)?

Will Senate make a completely new, "moderate" bill with ok CBO-score that they will send back to house? Why would house vote for it? Is it realistic?

Because if they fail, why even git it a try? It does not make any sense Huh

Can Trump/Senate "back off" in exchange for D-cooperation on taxes/wall? Totally unrealistic?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »

Will Senate make a completely new, "moderate" bill with ok CBO-score that they will send back to house? Why would house vote for it? Is it realistic?

What would be a 'moderate' GOP healthcare reform bill even look like at this point? A big part of the reason their 'reform' ideas are awful is because Democrats already took the best ideas from conservatives and put them into the ACA. Whether or not Republicans want to admit it, ObamaCare is their type of reform (although ideally I'm sure conservatives would prefer no reform at all). Everything else they've proposed is either marginal changes or straight up extremist garbage.

It was a part of my question. ApatheticAustrian wrote that
You must be logged in to read this quote.
So I assumed it would be more "moderate". So, hypothetically, if it will be moderate, how is supposed to be approved by House?

And yes, in the beginning I thought that GOP would just make a minor changes in ACA and label it as TrumpCare, the beautiful healthcare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies