Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:59:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 22274 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »

All of the speeches against Trump should not come at the expense of attacks against the rest of the GOP. The Congressional GOP need their stuffing knocked out of them as well.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:10 PM »

So, what is the schedule for tomorrow?

That shrieking bitch Hillary, or so I've heard.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:42:17 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2016, 12:18:08 AM by Storebought »

I'm still skeptical. Not because of any "low energy" of the speakers so far, but because the focus of this DNC -- at least to me -- is supposed to be on Clinton herself, a reintroduction of Hillary Clinton to the US at large, and not just convention Bernie Bros, as a credible commander in chief. All of the words wasted about Trump after Michelle Obama's opening is a distraction from that.

It's not clear to me, given the nature of the speeches so far, what Clinton intends to do about ISIS or their refugees, or free trade, or the interminable shootings, or the obstructionism of the House GOP. Why should we vote for Clinton?

Yes, Clinton can address all of these things herself in her own speech. The danger is, though, that if she says yet another syllable about Trump, outside the fact that he comes attached with regressive GOP policy, then her speech, and the convention at large, is a failure.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

There he goes again, imitating Hugo Chavez.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:46:17 PM »

This is like a Thanksgiving dinner with outstanding pies, casseroles, oyster dressing, ... and a bone dry turkey as its centerpiece. Oh well. As long as she doesn't mention Trump (much), then it will be good enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies