Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:11:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC  (Read 13243 times)
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »

Props to Brazile. Statements like this from an "establishment" figure shows a change in tone for the party.

She's trying to boost her book sales, dude

I simply believe that this is much more than just for book sales. Major clintonites like Brazile still defend her and the campaign.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »

The DNC should have been  allowed to go bankrupt.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »

Also gotta love the transformation of "The primary wasn't rigged, get over it" to "The primary was rigged, but still get over it" from my least favorite posters here.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 02:51:23 PM »

Also gotta love the transformation of "The primary wasn't rigged, get over it" to "The primary was rigged, but still get over it" from my least favorite posters here.

I don't think anyone is disputing that the DNC put a finger on the scales for Clinton, but they didn't pull three and a half million votes out of thin air for her

It's so stupid. She would've won the primary even if they hadn't screwed around with the debate dates and created all this useless controversy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »

This is beyond pathetic coming from Brazile.  Didn't she get fired for leaking debate questions to Hillary?
She’s bitter because at least when CNN fired her she had a cushy position in Hillary’s White House waiting on her. Clearly that didn’t come to fruition.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »

elcorazon

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

1. there is nothing showing that anything was "rigged".
2. The DNC has no ability to rig the primaries.
3. The financial stuff is completely misunderstood or misrepresented by Brazile.
4. The timing on this article sickens me. In the midst of all of Trump's scandals, Brazile is bringing up 2016. SHUT THE  UP with your bullsh**t! I hope her book sales tank.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »

1. there is nothing showing that anything was "rigged".
2. The DNC has no ability to rig the primaries.
3. The financial stuff is completely misunderstood or misrepresented by Brazile.
4. The timing on this article sickens me. In the midst of all of Trump's scandals, Brazile is bringing up 2016. SHUT THE  UP with your bullsh**t! I hope her book sales tank.

Why shouldn't she bring this up?  People want to see Trump's tax returns, but not the big reveal that the Clintons pretty much bought the Democratic Party?  (If they didn't buy it, they leased it, as you or I would lease an automobile.)

A number of red avatars here have given up the ghost; they are angry at the messenger because what she says "helps Trump".  Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't; Trump has his own turdstorm to ride out.  But there are a few red avatars here who have nothing to say that is valid on issues of "transparency".  The DNC really was the Clinton Machine.  Is this what the average Democrat intended?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 04:29:59 PM »

DNC Unveils Clinton Institute For Campaign Ethics Reform In Response To Corruption Allegations
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »

The response by most Democrats in this thread is sad.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

Donna Brazile fed the Hillary campaign debate questions, and disputed the accuracy of the e-mails showing that, and claimed she was being targeted because she was a Christian woman. But I guess she's still a relative voice of reason as recent DNC chairs go.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »

I mean, most Atlas Democrats (Doctor Imperialism, AZCactus, that other Arizonan) are sad.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »

Just makes me hate Schultz even more.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »

The main gist I get from the comments is basically
"That uppity b***h just wants to sell books"
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »

It’s true.

Bottom line, the result of the primary reflected the will of the people, unlike the general election. And nothing the DNC did affected the result more than them nuking the entire state’s of Florida and Michigan in ‘08 for O.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »

It’s true.

Bottom line, the result of the primary reflected the will of the people, unlike the general election. And nothing the DNC did affected the result more than them nuking the entire state’s of Florida and Michigan in ‘08 for O.

I remember watching Donna Brazile chastise the Florida and Michigan democratic parties for not following the rules when she voted no on seating Florida and Michigan's delegates in 2008. Really rubbed me the wrong way.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:10 PM »

True. She was worse than any of us really thought and honestly she should be forced out of Congress.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 06:58:11 PM »

True. She was worse than any of us really thought and honestly she should be forced out of Congress.

Tim Canova is still around.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »

The most shocking this is how they talk about spending money in Chicago and New Orleans during the election since they were concerned that Trump would win the PV and lose the EC. Most analysis, as we all know, showed little chance of this happening. What were they thinking?

Maybe they were looking for an excuse to give money to particular people or organizations?

Donna Brazile is an old New Orleans Democratic machine crony. Coincidence?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »

Isn't this the Clinton model? Do something unethical, but not illegal, then pretend (or have surrogates/supporters) pretend like it's all blown out of proportion and somebody else's fault because you did some shady business, yet still able to say "but we didn't violate any laws!"

True, the Clinton Campaign didn't "rig" the election in the sense that they conjured up votes out of thin air. However, the campaign had an unprecedented degree of influence and control over the DNC for a pre-nominated candidate or non-sitting President, which had a significant amount of control over the primary process, debates, the tone, resources, and so on. There was significant institutional bias and ethically questionable deals. That wouldn't have likely arisen at all had DWS and Obama run the organization properly in the first place, but the Clinton campaign was more than happy to lend aid and considerably tip the scales in her favor.

People complain that the media was unfair to Clinton and provided Trump with the unprecedented amount of free coverage, which are both true (especially the latter). Yet, they're so quick to downplay the severity of institutional bias against the Sanders campaign (and any other campaign that might've posed a credible challenge). This is exactly why Clinton manages to have even lower favorability numbers than Trump today, why her vote total declined by millions from Obama in 2012 against Donald freaking Trump, why she lost the election, and why so many would never trust her.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »

Elizabeth Warren admitting the same. Let's see how the prospective 2020 candidates handle this.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/926188895850696706
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »

Elizabeth Warren admitting the same. Let's see how the prospective 2020 candidates handle this.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/926188895850696706

Nothing but shameless pandering to the whackivist crowd.  Disappointing to say the least Sad
mgop
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »

poor hillbots can't handle the truth...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »

Unless votes were altered or excessive amounts of misinformation spread ahead of voting, the primary was not rigged. We can talk institutional bias all day, but the fact of the matter is that that is politics. There were plenty of caucuses where Sanders people organized to make sure that he won easily, so much to the point that caucuses became his best opportunity to win.

With all that said, all of this is a moot point now, because the 2016 primary has been run and finished.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies