Which of these best describes your views regarding transgender individuals? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:56:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of these best describes your views regarding transgender individuals? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Thought we should get an actual measure of Atlas on this topic
Transgenderism is completely made up
Transgenderism is a mental illness and should be treated as such - no reassignment surgery or recongization of a new gender should be provided
Transgenderism is a fully real thing and we should treat people according to their new gender, although allowing them into their new gender's bathroom or locker room may be too risky
Transgenderism is a fully real thing and we should treat people according to their new gender, including in terms of bathroom and locker room access
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Which of these best describes your views regarding transgender individuals?  (Read 6310 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 30, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »

How does option 3 make any sense? "People deserve rights, but not if they want to go to the bathroom." Was that ever part of the anti-gay argument?

That was the center-left's position from 2000-2010 and center's position on gay rights 2010-2014.

I'm option 4. Sunrise is pretty good on this issue. One thing I want to know is what transgenderism really is. Can it be something that can be resolved without transition in some people? Can we ever have the medical engineering skill to make someone fully their identified gender? This is definitely an issue that demands a lot of questions so that we can give better help to more people.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »

Other.

I'm still not convinced on it.

But I believe there should be unisex bathrooms and locker rooms and anything else segregated by gender.

Unisex communal showers? Even if Curtains are provided I think people would still be pretty uncomfortable with that.
That is something Trump would like. But we could just have individual stalls. I am not entirely comfortable in communal showers as it is. Many probably try to compare themselves to others and are scared the other person thinks they are checking them out sexually.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies