Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:05:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium  (Read 32941 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

Waaah!!! My candidate is dull and behind the polls so I'm going to compare yours to Hitler!

Well, the Obama zombie clones have made it obvious that having an open, honest, sincere discussion about their candidate is all but impossible.

Dude are you f***in serious here? Isn't it pretty obvious Obama/his campaign chose the location due to it being a bigger and better spectacle than the Pepsi center? What did he exactly do that was wrong? He did not follow tradition? You seriously do sound like a little cry baby.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »

Waaah!!! My candidate is dull and behind the polls so I'm going to compare yours to Hitler!

Well, the Obama zombie clones have made it obvious that having an open, honest, sincere discussion about their candidate is all but impossible.

Dude are you f***in serious here? Isn't it pretty obvious Obama/his campaign chose the location due to it being a bigger and better spectacle than the Pepsi center? What did he exactly do that was wrong? He did not follow tradition? You seriously do sound like a little cry baby.

20,000 people isn't enough... so we need 120,000... and fireworks, special effects... make it as dramatic as possible so that people are so wowed that they will forget the fact that the speech itself has almost no real content.

Yeah and Mccain has helluva lot of content? " That's not change we can believe in" * confused laughter/clapping*
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »

Honestly, this is ridiculous. Obama wants more people to see his speech and for it to be open to the public = megalomaniac. (btw, hardly a rational "discussion starter")

SEE WHAT?  Over 80% of the people in the stadium will barely be able to see him.  That's why they invented TV.  They want to hold such a mass rally as a demonstration of force to the people watching at home.  They are holding a huge rally, under the pretense that more people will be able to see it that way, but for the purpose of putting on a more impressive show to the people watching at home, and with the effect of generating mass hysteria for the candidate.

That is the whole point of political campaigns. Bush did the same crap. I mean why do you think they planned the convention right around 9/11. All just a coincidence right? LOL you sound pretty naive right now.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:33 PM »

It's like when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier.  The only purpose is to show everyone how awesome Obama is... its no different from George W. Bush's need to show how awesome his penis is.  It's the same mentality.  It's ego.  Nothing but.

I am glad you realize that all politicians have huge egos. That is why they are f***in politicians.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »

Will the Obamajugend execute dissenters at the convention?

Only you
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 05:16:31 AM »

Nevermind people are still without a job, the economy still fcuking sucks, and the average price of gas is over 4 bucks. All of that is insignificant to the fact that Obama is holding his speech at some major venue where 80,000 people might attend. God...help us.

Gas will be high on January 19, 2009...and it will be high on January 21, 2009. A president can't automatically make the price of gas go down.

Yes but perhaps one of the candidates supported a policy which contributed to the high price of gas.( hint-Iraq)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:36:50 PM »

This doesn't really make him "bad." It just annoys me. I also think this is a sign of his inflated ego. As I said earlier, these crowds don't really affect the viewers so I don't get why he doesn't just do this at the convention. Again, this isn't him being "bad," just irritating.

Right.  So it is more that this is circumstantial evidence of his inflated ego, than the act itself is bad?  That's a fair response.  It's what I've been trying to elicit.

Don't most politicians have "inflated egos?"

Of course. You have to to run for office, especially the Presidency. I think the argument being made here is Obama's ego is especially huge for a politician.

Do we have a meter now that measures politicians ego's?

No, but insisting on moving your acceptance speech to a football stadium so you can have 80,000 people listen to you in person is a fine rule of measure.

Insisting? I doubt this was just his decision, I am sure both the DNC and his advisers must love this idea. I think the mayor of Denver is on board too. Its not like he is acting a brat and he must get his way against the wishes of the democratic party and the city of Denver.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies