Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:26:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead  (Read 9875 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« on: March 22, 2016, 04:06:17 AM »

RIP

Also, this might not be the end today. I hope that security forces in Belgium and other countries will be 100% ready.
And actually its pretty logical that terrorist in Belgium after so intense hunting on them decided to speed up their plans and I am sure that Belgian police/CT forces expected something like this.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:42:34 AM »

Janusz Korwin Mikke was at airport during the attacks Sad
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »

1. Don't assume this is an Islamic act of terror.
2. It is. But let's not be disproportionate as that's what terrorists want.
3. Start a hashtag. Change Facebook picture.
4. We will not be defeated.
5. If reactionary left go to 6. If reactionary right go to 7.
6. Muslims are in many ways the real victims here. Media don't report terror in Islamic nations. Think of the refugees. US foreign policy. Israel.
7. MUSLIMS!!! Merkel, Schengen, migrants.
8. Arrests.
9. 'But he was a really quiet kid', 'Must have been brainwashed', 'Family stunned '
10. A week after the events the town is starting to move on...

Repeat

/thread

As media says yes.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 06:32:22 PM »

Time to move to Poland or Hungary.

Welp, I guess its not good idea to move to Poland when you only consider lack of terrorist attacks danger.
1. World Youth Day 2016 will be organised in Poland, His Holiness Francis will be there for few days.
2. NATO summit in Warsaw, Barry Obama will come himself.
3. PiS is currently doing purges inside the army, police, security services (we still have no Chief Commandant of Police and PiS as they follow staunch anti-communism more than 20 years after collapse of "communist" state they mainly focus on the most experienced people only because they worked before 1989) which does not really help. We still have no any legislative act on anti-terrorism (although it is ready, but govt wanted to make it 100% solid - now I guess they will change their mind) and I highly doubt that security services control anything.

I highly recommend you to avoid Warsaw and Kraków in July.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 01:46:30 PM »

Time to move to Poland or Hungary.

Welp, I guess its not good idea to move to Poland when you only consider lack of terrorist attacks danger.
1. World Youth Day 2016 will be organised in Poland, His Holiness Francis will be there for few days.
2. NATO summit in Warsaw, Barry Obama will come himself.
3. PiS is currently doing purges inside the army, police, security services (we still have no Chief Commandant of Police and PiS as they follow staunch anti-communism more than 20 years after collapse of "communist" state they mainly focus on the most experienced people only because they worked before 1989) which does not really help. We still have no any legislative act on anti-terrorism (although it is ready, but govt wanted to make it 100% solid - now I guess they will change their mind) and I highly doubt that security services control anything.

I highly recommend you to avoid Warsaw and Kraków in July.
The point is obviously that Poland has been less "enriched" than Western Europe.

But we have Chechen refugees, and unfortunately there are a lot of Chechen (generally Chechen, not Polish Chechen) fighters who joined ranks of Daesh - so there is SOME danger that there is some infiltration by ISIS of maybe not that big, but still, Polish Chechen refugees community. Previous year there were some news that services found ISIS fundraising cell in Poland run by some guys from Chechnya. So there is minor chance that there is some threat made by non-Polish population.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »

I don't really understand why people thinks that fact that Christians making less terrorist attacks is something good and its crucial argument that Christian (or rather post-Christian) world is "better" and MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS OMAHGAWD. It's not the problem of faith (although I wish for all Muslims that some day they will leave their heathen ways, just for their well being) its the problem caused by many complex factors like economic situation of many Muslim dominated countries, youth unemployment, political movements inside the Islam, etc. etc. We should pray for them, not hate them. Or at least somehow help to start better lives. Hating each other will not end the "conflict".
People who thinks that the only or crucial factor making people terrorists is Islam are just stupid.

And I am not trying to say not nice things to some posters - just be careful and do not let discussion to go into the wrong direction :I Be nice to each other.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies