Fineman: Obama's short list is Bayh, Biden, and Kaine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:12:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Fineman: Obama's short list is Bayh, Biden, and Kaine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fineman: Obama's short list is Bayh, Biden, and Kaine  (Read 16210 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: July 29, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »

This is pretty much I've expected from an Obama shortlist. And I think Bayh is probably the best choice. Kaine isn't going to alleviate voters' concern about Obama's inexperience and Biden is too gaffe prone. Bayh brings the best of both candidates: youth and experience.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:25:26 PM »

And I really think losing a Senate seat in Indiana would be HUGE, as Obama will need every Democratic Senator possible to help get his legislation passed. If the Dems lose Bayh's seat, they will probably not get it back for a long, long time.

I don't think it would be that big of deal if they did lose it. And Long Thompson still has a reasonable shot at offing off Daniels.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »

I don't think it would be that big of deal if they did lose it. And Long Thompson still has a reasonable shot at offing off Daniels.

It would be a huge deal. The goal is to get to 60 Senators, and there's no way in hell we do it over the next two cycles without Bayh's seat.

But the Dems may very have picked up seven seats at the end of this cycle, without losing Landreiu's. Losing one seat isn't going to alter the balance of power between the two parties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies