Opinion of Evangelicals after Hucakbee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:13:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Opinion of Evangelicals after Hucakbee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of Evangelicals after Hucakbee  (Read 4332 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: July 04, 2008, 06:25:40 AM »

As an evangelical conservative, I have at times been disappointed with some people who have been 'spokespeople' for evangelical conservatives. Not that I'm perfect or anything (or necessarily any better than them), but I must admit that Huckabee has regularly made me go "at last, an evangelical conservative in the public eye who isn't doing stupid things that will give us a bad name." I think Huckabee has good values, while at the same time a strong sense of grace (to avoid any possible confusion, I am referring to grace as being non-judgemental, as in Ephesians 2:8&9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.")

Anyway, this isn't a religious arguments thread, and I don't want to hijack it and make it one, so I'll leave it at that, except to say that whereas some of us (meaning evangelical conservatives) forget the "not from yourselves... no one can boast" part, Huckabee strikes me as a humble and genuine man.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies