Revised Constitution by Demrepdan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Revised Constitution by Demrepdan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revised Constitution by Demrepdan  (Read 5120 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 19, 2004, 06:40:18 PM »

I am confident in Demrepdan's ability and don't have the energy to read 9 fricking pages! I'm sure it's all fine...or maybe I'll read it tomorrow...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 07:13:03 PM »

Sorry to complain Dan, but I don't like the idea of national elections for the Senate.  I thought that it would be a inner-district election, not a totally national one.  A national election would slant EVERY seat to the party with the most memebrs nationally.
I don't recollect finding such a provision in the Constitution. It provides, "In order for a Senator to be elected, he or she must first declare they wish to be a Senator, and then they will be approved by members of the forum who live within that respective region or district by way of election."

He's referring to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3.

I put that in there in case there was a TIE within the region or district...I know it seems kinda weird...but I was trying to think "what if there IS a tie...then what do we do?" And that's the best I could come up with.

Please inform me if you have any suggestion on how to more properly approach a situation in which there is a conflict with votes resulting in no winner within a district or region...and I will comply with your request.
But what if the forum ties as well?

Then the world comes to an end.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 04:44:20 PM »

Lol, keep it up Dan. Smiley I am following your policy on the regions on everything to avoid scratches... Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 05:32:50 AM »

I just realised that despite the fact we voted for preferential voting it isn't in the constitution...please fix this, Dan.

Otherwise, I'm happy enough with it as is.

We did? Cool! Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 10:16:02 AM »

Supresoulty never sacntioned any particular map I think, he just made 2 maps as examples.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies