Opposite Party Presidential Candidates You'd Consider Voting For (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:26:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opposite Party Presidential Candidates You'd Consider Voting For (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which candidates not from your own party could you see yourself voting for?
Joe Biden

Hillary Clinton

Howard Dean

Martin O'Malley

Brian Schweitzer

Andrew Cuomo

Kristen Gillibrand

Amy Klobuchar

Mark Warner

Scott Brown

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Ted Cruz

Mike Huckabee

Jon Huntsman

Rand Paul

Rick Perry

Paul Ryan

Rick Santorum

John Thune

Mary Fallin

Nikki Haley

Bobby Jindal

Jon Kasich

Susana Martinez

Rob Portman

Condoleezza Rice

Marco Rubio

I'm a Democrat and wouldn't vote for any Republican

I'm a Republican and wouldn't vote for any Democrat

I don't align with either party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opposite Party Presidential Candidates You'd Consider Voting For  (Read 4095 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: April 06, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »

If the Democrats somehow nominated Dan Lipinski, Bart Stupak, or someone of the sort and the Republicans nominated a nut, Rand Paul, or John Huntsman, I'd probably vote for the Dem.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »

If the Democrats somehow nominated Dan Lipinski, Bart Stupak, or someone of the sort and the Republicans nominated a nut, Rand Paul, or John Huntsman, I'd probably vote for the Dem.

Why are Rand Paul and John Huntsman in the same category?

They are quite different from each other and only in the same category if that category is their appeal to me. My issues with either are completely different. With Rand Paul, I would be extremely hesitant to vote for him because he could support legalized drugs and/or prostitution. His economic views are also too extreme.

Huntsman I can't stand because he's been on what seems like a tirade against conservatives for the last couple years. Huntsman comes across as rude, condescending, and the type of person I cannot possibly vote for if I disagree with him on a single issue. Also the whole post-partisan schtick is obnoxious (though that might just be because everyone I know in real life who considers themselves "post-partisan" are so "post-partisan" they check all the boxes with the D's next to them).

Foreign policy isn't much of a consideration on my part, although Paul kind of scares me. I'd be concerned that if elected president he'd do something incredibly unpragmatic in the global arena and make a mess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies