Is leftism pro-Islam? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:14:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is leftism pro-Islam? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is leftism pro-Islam?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Is leftism pro-Islam?  (Read 13410 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: June 08, 2005, 06:21:44 PM »

There is a schizophrenic attitude and a schism among leftist thought on how to view extremist Islam just as the right is divided on how to view China.  Many in the left see Islamic fundamentalism as an assault against their deeply held belief in secularism and the rights of women.  Others on the left see Islamic extremism as a reactionary force against Zionism and encroaching capitalism.  The apologetic left blames America at all cost and worships at the altar of mutilculturalism.  To break it down on the left, I think the divide is against where your stronger loyalties lie- secularism or multi-culturalism.  The right's divide on China is those who view it as a  vital trading partner and others who see an oppressive communist regime.   
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:41:13 PM »

Here's an excellent article on what you referred to, Patrick.

Good article Bob.  The devout mutliculturalistic attitude is to wring your hands and soul search when attacked.  This was seen after 9/11 when many were asking why they attacked the United States and what we had done to deserve this.  They make excuses for horrendous behavior- like poverty- when most of the hijackers were middle class and well educated.  

To answer Gabu's quote to my post:  Politics is an exercise in generalities.  I'm sorry but I don't have time to address everyone's particular worldview.  I am qctaully a rightist that sees China as a vital trading partner and a human rights abuser.  Excuse the forumite shorthand.  
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 11:54:48 PM »

f**ck no. I can't believe there are still people here who think leftists are Islam-lovers when I get bashed by right wingers all the time for what I say about Islam-and it ain't positive! Who was it who supported arming the Muslim terrorist trash in Afghanistan? Not the left!

"Leftists", "Islam-lovers" "right-wingers" "Muslim terroist trash".... But I shall decry people for speaking in generalities.  Bullsh**t.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 10:42:29 PM »

You're a complete idiot if you really think that. The truth is, I do no care if something is pro- or anti-American. I only care about if I agree with it.

So basically your ideolgy trumps your love of country?  There is a simple solution to sort that out- move.  I'd wager you wouldn't last too long in some third world $hithole.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »

What it means is that my country doesn't trump my support for human rights, for example it means I still think Pinochet is scum (dazzleman once said I was anti-American for hating him).  dazzleman also said he considers the Saudi Royals better than Hugo Chavez and judges them ONLY on how well they get along with the US, while I say Chavez is far better because he doesn't run a theocratic police state.

From the full text of the post  it appeared that you support Chavez more than the United States because he matches your idealogy more closely.  If that is the case you should whistle the Internationale down to Caracas.  You gave every right to criticize the US but I feel your country should come before your idealogy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies