State Legislature Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:59:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  State Legislature Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislature Redistricting  (Read 32417 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 07, 2011, 12:07:36 PM »

Somehow I don't think the main factor in which Dayton will sign it or not is what I tell him.

Dayton won't sign it because it screws over some individual Democrats who'll be lobbying him not to. As I said, it does target some areas well, but some of the other moves are just dumb and I could see it failing if all Democrats vote against it along with endangered Republicans.

I'm not commenting on whether, or not, Dayton, will support the map, though if it truly is a dummymander he ought sign the bill. I am commenting on your position. Again, if you truly believe that this is a dummymander, why aren't you supporting the passage of this bill?

The par assumption to make is that you are opposing this bill precisely because it does benefit the Republicans.

No, even if it's a semi-dummymander, Dayton should try to force a neutral or even lean-dem map.  It's Minnesota for God sakes, there's no reason to accept an even semi-pro Republican map.  Btw, who controls the State Supreme Court there, btw?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »

Two Democrats (well one was appointed by Arne Carlson so he's probably more of a Souter.), one appointed by Ventura, and the remaining four are Pawlenty appointees. The Chief Justice though, while a Pawlenty appointee has a history of working with and being appointed by both parties as well as Ventura. She was known for sounding openly annoyed and hostile to Coleman during the recount hearings. Of the other three though two are obviously right wing and one there isn't a lot of information on.

So neither party would really want this to go the courts (but perhaps the Democrats a little less than the Republicans)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies