I'm switching to the GOP. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:20:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm switching to the GOP. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm switching to the GOP.  (Read 4246 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: December 09, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »

fair weather democrat! you'll come crawling back eventually when the GOP finds itself in a ditch (whenever that may be)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:15:13 PM »

I've seen this happen. Especially after 2002. They'll come back. I'd considered becoming independent, but I am waiting to see if we can revive the party in 2018 instead of just giving up.

Why leave at all? Assuming you're not an older boomer, then it must be said that we've grown up in a conservative age and despite the sea change towards liberal ideas, we still live under a power structure that benefits conservatives (both artificial and natural). Republicans will lose power eventually, but not if everyone abandons ship because things are not happening fast enough. Elections take place over years, after all. It takes time!

It's not like Republicans didn't face a similar situation over a generation ago. They had a presidential winning streak before they were able to sweep the states/Congress, but before that they were in a far deeper hole in Congress than Democrats are now, for 40+ years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies