Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:15:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...  (Read 3900 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »

Between this and the video from this morning showing the bizarre reaction from the young White House interns, I somewhat agree with your observation.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »

The youth are our future and I'm quite happy that Trump took it upon himself to educate them on the pressing issues of our day.

... He bragged about his election win, threatened to fire Tom Price over healthcare, bragged about him making the effort to actually show up and berated Obama at the same time, talked about cocktail parties. You cannot possibly think this speech was in any way appropriate.

Well it's either through him or the Internet. We need to set an example for the young people of this country and Trump has proven to be a stellar role model.

I trust "the internet" would be hundreds of time more better.
trump is a "stellar role model" for anyone who wants to be referred to as an assh**e in society.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:08 PM »

* His election win
* "Fake news"
* Yachts
* Cocktail Parties
* President Obama

To Boy Scouts
Not to mention he had them boo both Clinton and Obama.
Reminds me of Hitler youth.

get a grip on reality. disgusting and false comparison.

It's a perfect comparison.
The connection (or point) being made is not just the "Boy Scouts" and "Hitler Youth" (as you have highlighted).
Instead, it is talking to kids (remember these are children) about things like "fake news," "cocktail parties," and to bash former presidents like Obama. For a president to slam (past and present) political opponents at an event like this is disgusting. This is something "a Hitler" would do (get them young to hate Jews), thus the Hitler-ish comparison.
The Boy Scouts are taught to respect others, but all the Orange Clown is doing here is peddling hatred.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:46:06 AM »

I'm quite surprised that trump did not also talk to these young boys about the appropriateness and art of "grabbing women by the pussy."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »

CNN's Jake Tapper breaks down the ridiculousness of trump's Boy Scout speech.
If interested, here is this short video :

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/07/25/tapper-monologue-trump-boy-scouts-speech-lead.cnn
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2017, 08:22:35 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Once again, the Orange Clown gets a big "F" on his presidential report card ....

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 08:38:12 PM »

Once again, the Orange Clown gets a big "F" on his presidential report card ....

I must say that when I was a Boy Scout, I was also a long-haired McGovernite peacenik.  I heard my share of politicized talks at Memorial Day and Veterans Day parades in which I marched.  While this was an invitation to join the Silent Majority, I agree that it wasn't a long self-serving plug, but I remember speakers bashing the media back then.  I'm talking 1969-1972.  

A "Memorial Day and Veterans Day parade" is not solely a Boy Scouts event.
The organization has no control or say-so on what should and should-not be discussed.
The event trump went to was 100% under the umbrella of the Boy Scouts organization.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 01:08:04 PM »

Just released.

LOL.
"Idiot trump Ruins Boy Scout Event" ...... great headline, don't you think ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies